• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

I didn't notice a huge change in the blocking. Just a shift north a tad and deeper SW U.S. Troughing.

okay, not sure what you were looking at, but that vortex component of that had us inside of it ...now, it's questionable whether we really truly get out of SE ridging on these recent runs.   

those difference are large - but again, i'm not really impugning the models for it; they were never predicting the harsher colder impact inside of D5 as I said earlier.  so...meh, it is what it was/is

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, not sure what you were looking at, but that vortex component of that had us inside of it ...now, it's questionable whether we really truly get out of SE ridging on these recent runs.

those difference are large - but again, i'm not really impugning the models for it; they were never predicting the harsher colder impact inside of D5 as I said earlier. so...meh, it is what it was/is

I guess I was comparing from yesterday. It's true that it almost suppressed any rain a few days ago.

Surprised there wasn't any D8-9 spiking footballs on the Euro again at 12z....

depends on which way one perceives matters...  not that anyone should be spiking footballs over depictions that won't happen -

it's clearly digging heights through the Martimes too much - a typical bias/tendency for the Euro to do in the goo-ga-ga range. 

I dunno - I figure the -NAO was just oversold by all models until yesterday...maybe we could argue the day-before is when the back-down began, and since then, there are just growing pains in the contributing voices here.  

it'll come to pass with ridging trough couplet up there, but just speaking in terms of how it impacts our area.  could come back with the earlier panache, but the current vibe/trend is more seasonal (fw that's worth to folks)   

Looka meh today. Junky clouds. 

agreed ...not exactly inspiring visions of MOS numbers as dawn takes over. 

possible that some of this melts away as the sun climbs higher, but WPC is also analyzing a weak warm front diffused through the area so there's likely some subtle overrunning instability to compensate.   

agreed ...not exactly inspiring visions of MOS numbers as dawn takes over.

possible that some of this melts away as the sun climbs higher, but WPC is also analyzing a weak warm front diffused through the area so there's likely some subtle overrunning instability to compensate.

Yeah maybe some late morning and early afternoon sun before more clouds move in. Could be a few bangers western areas too.

classic big sensible impact spring boundary situated near-by SNE from Ds 4 into 5. 

right now, the lion's share of dependables depict it drapes S of us, and on that polarward side it's mist/light rain and 45 F.  Probably 80F in Trenton NJ.  Big bust potential ...

i'd go with climo and 86 those two days, and then wait on being pleasantly surprised  ^_^  ...suffered too many lies in Aprils of lore not to...

but that D6/7 Euro would be an interesting convection signal there... 

Archived