CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April Pattern Disco -2016

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-12C 850s for BDL that run. Maybe they squeak out an 80F to close out the month afterall. ;)

Well let;s hope it keeps that torch look. Tip and I had painstakingly laid out why it wasn't wise to buy the Euro cold and how it loves to dig troughs too deep and runs cold in the days past day 5..but some folks were hell bent for leather that it was going to be cold and snow. 

You almost wonder now if that boundary ends up even more north giving you guys ups there most of the rain

The chilly weather was and is always when it rains and NE flow. If it's dry it will be warmer. But I certainly would not bias warm with a front to our south for a prolonged period of time. This below normal April will be one of the ages as the earliest install ever.

Looks AOA to me

7-day_forecast.jpg

Coc a doodle dew  Chamber day enroute. Muggier tomorrow before the front with a possible good Tstorm for Western Mass .Should be beautifully dry nice weekend. Next week is pretty ugly from Mon on but the rooster returns in time for next weekend.

TEMPS ON MONDAY WILL MANAGE TO REACH THE 50S TO AROUND 60...
MILDEST ACROSS THE MID AND LOWER CT VALLEY. AS COOLER AIR SLOWLY
FILTERS IN...TEMPS WILL FALL BACK TO THE MID AND UPPER 30S ACROSS
N CENTRAL AND W MA...WHICH MIGHT MEAN A LITTLE MIX WITH WET SNOW
MAINLY ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN THERE...RANGING TO THE LOWER 40S.
HOWEVER...THE EVENTUAL PLACEMENT OF THE FRONT MIGHT MEAN COOLER
TEMPS MON NIGHT AND POSSIBLY A LITTLE MORE SNOW. READINGS WILL BE
COOL ON TUESDAY WITH TEMPS ONLY RECOVERING TO THE UPPER 40S AND
50S.

TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY...LOW CONFIDENCE.

DEPENDING UPON THE TRACK OF THE FRONT AND HIGH PRES BUILDING OUT
OF CENTRAL CANADA WILL DETERMINE WHEN THE PRECIP ENDS. CURRENT
THINKING LEANS MORE TOWARD THE GFS...AS IT LOOKS LIKE THE 00Z
ECMWF MAY BE OVERDONE WITH AREA OF PRECIP ASSOCIATED WITH
POSSIBLE FRONTAL WAVE. SHOULD SEE CLEARING /AT THIS POINT ANYWAY/
WITH TEMPS LOOKING TO FALL BACK UP TO 5 DEGREES BELOW SEASONAL
NORMALS.

FOR WEDNESDAY...HIGH PRES LOOKS TO PUSH IN WITH COOL
TEMPERATURES...BUT TIMING IS STILL IN QUESTION.

Will the month still come in BN?

If next week was all sun and front north, probably not. It depends on where the front is. I know you like to look at oranges at 500mb...but with models having trouble with s/w timing...it has all the makings of you getting upset. It definitely is not as cold as the trough in the SW is a bit deeper than progged a few days ago, but it will depend on low pressure and where that front sets up. As always in April...tough to get cold with full sunshine. - departures usually are from clouds and onshore flow...esp later in month and May-Jun.  We probably will get some nice drinks heading into early May too.

Will the month still come in BN?

Are you talking about April?  I'm assuming you are since this is the April pattern discussion thread....I'm running about 4° BN and I know that both BDL and ORH are BN.  I know we still have ten days to go in the month but I think we'll end up BN.

Right now my average temp is the coolest in the past 32 April's but that will probably change.

Are you talking about April? I'm assuming you are since this is the April pattern discussion thread....I'm running about 4° BN and I know that both BDL and ORH are BN. I know we still have ten days to go in the month but I think we'll end up BN.

Right now my average temp is the coolest in the past 32 April's but that will probably change.

I think you are right. Even with torch today and tomorrow and last few days of month. It won't be enough. NYC looks like they will come in AN.. So warmth is close

well... whatever happens, it shouldn't be ignored that the handling of this -NAO interval is looking pretty bad at this point. Although, in the model(s) defense(s) ...not that they should ever be blamed for accuracy in the time leads we were looking at all along.

Folks should remember: those -NAO appeals and the impacts and all that ... it was always after D5 and had been all along. Now that it's coming inside that range, seeing the models sort of turn-coat and abandon the impact of it, and the amount of cooling departures is ...well, kind of still within error expectation even for the King Euro. 

Having said that, even now the Euro is demonstratively different with this thing on that 00z overall evoltuion, both synoptically and how it can.

Kevin stumbled upon being right whether people want to believe it or not, that this was "quite possibly" sniffed out by the GGEM first, Myself, I noted two days ago was pulling the plug.

Again, not taking trophies there; things could evolve back colder - but the tenor over the last 24 hours is clearly one that's taken a goodly bit of throttle off that thinking.  Clearly.

well... whatever happens, it shouldn't be ignored that the handling of this -NAO interval is looking pretty bad at this point. Although, in the model(s) defense(s) ...not that they should ever be blamed for accuracy in the time leads we were looking at all along.

Folks should remember: those -NAO appeals and the impacts and all that ... it was always after D5 and had been all along. Now that it's coming inside that range, seeing the models sort of turn-coat and abandon the impact of it, and the amount of cooling departures is ...well, kind of still within error expectation even for the King Euro. 

Having said that, even now the Euro is demonstratively different with this thing on that 00z overall evoltuion, both synoptically and how it can.

Kevin stumbled upon being right whether people want to believe it or not, that this was "quite possibly" sniffed out by the GGEM first, Myself, I noted two days ago was pulling the plug.

Again, not taking trophies there; things could evolve back colder - but the tenor over the last 24 hours is clearly one that's taken a goodly bit of throttle off that thinking.  Clearly.

Euro looks ugly IMHO, at least until D8-9.

Euro looks ugly IMHO, at least until D8-9.

perhaps...as is, but the trend is clear - tenor overall.  

obviously details can come along with huge impacts in April...like, if we can turn the wind around toward the GOM heat sink ...it doesn't matter what's going on aloft - draw the curtains if your a spring enthusiasts.   and, that is pretty much what the euro solution (as is) is doing... it is backing off the -NAO pattern appeal, but still parking the boundary perfectly wrong for warm weather - 

i gotta go ahead a figure that since i hate April, there is no god, and satan thinks its funny...we'll go ahead and freeze our souls under 590 heights one way or the other - ahah

The -NAO hasn't really changed. Just subtle differences in the PV and also the trough in the SW U.S.

Not sure what you mean?   I think fiddling around and modulating the SPV component of that in such a way as to (possibly) bring big difference to how the evolution of those features affect/effect our weather ...certainly qualifies as "the handling of the -NAO"

I'm not suggesting that the -NAO won't happen - that's not what I said.  I said the handling of it -

Not sure what you mean? I think fiddling around and modulating the SPV component of that in such a way as to (possibly) bring big difference to how the evolution of those features affect/effect our weather ...certainly qualifies as "the handling of the -NAO"

I'm not suggesting that the -NAO won't happen - that's not what I said. I said the handling of it -

I didn't notice a huge change in the blocking. Just a shift north a tad and deeper SW U.S. Troughing.

Archived