• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

This storm hugs the cost; bank on it. Climatology and the pattern supports this. Trends are just noise.

No it doesn't. The block position and 50/50 position limits how far west it can get. OTS is the main issue here.

I would want to be on LI for this one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will not get a few inches around NYC Anth if a lot of that . 4 on the Euro falls over 18 hours with the BL at 33/34 during the daytime in late March.

Don't look at the snow maps . You need the heavier rates to cool that BL and .1 and .2 over 6 hours during the day will not add up to 3 in the city bud.

The GGEM and UKIE are all I have left for my idea for the bigger totals N and W .

The EPS went east . Never a good sign.

Ukie is better for LI then inland. Heavier bands.

Wouldn't get worked up till at least tonight's 00z

Agreed not over just yet but certainly not headed the direction we need right now. Biggest player IMO all along is the energy north of the GL around 48 hours. With the big storm solutions this was shown as diving SE into the trof, amplifying it more, drawing the slp closer to the coast, and triggering the LP to bomb out. All guidance has backed off of this idea and keeps the energy a separate entity which remains in Canada and actually acts as a kicker keeping everything more progressive.

Just like it was a bit premature for myself and others to be declaring victory last night, it's too early to say that the further East solution is correct as well. We've seen these things make major shifts two or three days out just to ultimately end up where they started. My best educated guess at this point is that the ultimate track is from about 75-100 miles East of ACY to just inside the BM, and that the secondary area of convection to the SE is causing havoc, and likely bogus.

Why would anyone be nervous when the GGEM, its ensembles, the UKMET, and the EPS are in such agreement? That's an awesome look on the EPS. The vast majority of the members are west of the mean.

Because they're in agreement until they're not.

JB now thinks this will be a I-95 snowstorm since the models have shifted east. He thinks the models will go back west.

Euro control shifted the best snowfall towards the coast now.  Lets hope for a shift back to the west today so everyone can cash in.

Right now this looks like a minor to moderate event ( that's if the Ukie, GGEM and Euro are right )

Archived