joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm March 1st-2nd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would also toss the NAM, seems to still be having precip issues.

Consensus reached for 6" at YYZ in my opinion. Ratios look really good so would not be surprised to see 9-10".

Thinking DTX can squeeze out 5-6" as does Geos.

If the fgen band does set up over Geos, he'd probably end up with more like 9-10". But we still are not 100% sure where the fgen band will set up. Somewhere in-between ORD and MKE is where I think it will set up

Would also toss the NAM, seems to still be having precip issues.

Consensus reached for 6" at YYZ in my opinion. Ratios look really good so would not be surprised to see 9-10".

Thinking DTX can squeeze out 5-6" as does Geos.

Yeah, that was big to get the NAM on board. Now maybe we have a bit of a floor, although I hate getting too cocky.

Yeah for sure, it looks to mimic the November 2015 storm intensity-wise. Not sure about placement tho. My gut feeling says Geos and S Wisco will get slammed.

i actually think the forcing looks a to be a bit stronger than that event, whether it hangs up enough in one area to deliver the huge totals is yet to be seen but it's going to be a high-end band

i actually think the forcing looks a to be a bit stronger than that event, whether it hangs up enough in one area to deliver the huge totals is yet to be seen but it's going to be a high-end band

Oh wow this fgen band is going to be impressive. Im going to be drooling over the radar returns no matter who gets it... basically either UMB WX, Geos, Tuanis, or I will probably get buried tonight/tomorrow. 

pretty impressive, the band tonight is going to destroy a narrow corridor 

8fnt_sf.gif?1456757205006

tadv_sf.gif?1456757293866

It's looking like a lot of the same areas across the southern tier of Wisconsin counties that got a huge snowfall in the Nov. 15th storm are going to catch the brunt of this one as well. In that storm one place in Rock county got 17", with 16" at Monroe and 14" in Beloit. Madison got 4". Madison is going to be close to the intense band this time, but we may be just too far north to catch any really high amounts.

Oh wow this fgen band is going to be impressive. Im going to be drooling over the radar returns no matter who gets it... basically either UMB WX, Geos, Tuanis, or I will probably get buried tonight/tomorrow. 

Bring it. Still feel the core of the band will lift into the first tier of southern WI counties for the longest period. Do think we both might be good for a few quick inches.

I still don't know where UMB WX is located... my 7 month old daughter keeps me from dropping into the board as much as I'd like. I'm blaming her.

Bring it. Still feel the core of the band will lift into the first tier of southern WI counties for the longest period. Do think we both might be good for a few quick inches.

I still don't know where UMB WX is located... my 7 month old daughter keeps me from dropping into the board as much as I'd like. I'm blaming her.

Caledonia, WI. Just south of MKE I believe.

Yeah for sure, it looks to mimic the November 2015 storm intensity-wise. Not sure about placement tho. My gut feeling says Geos and S Wisco will get slammed.

4-8" in my grid.

4km NAM agrees with the 12km. Hoping you get something out of this.

acckucherasnowmw.png

Archived