joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-25 PART II

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow. Is that 2.5" total or 2.5" plus the 1" from yesterday morning? Surprised you didnt do better with the deform, though I didnt see radar too much. Very pleased with the deform here, nearly 4" from it.

Total, when I left home for work it was 1" yesterday when I got home the same 1" of cement was there and then when I woke up this morning it was 2.5"

Ah ok. Must have been some heavier bands down here. My sister in SCS eyeballed 3" but I never know to trust her estimates or not lol.

Yeah, I mean that is close to my 2.5 and gels with adjacent reports.

Based on the radar, the deformation snows cut off sooner here than Downriver.

Ended up with a storm total of 6" IMBY. A rare snow-to-rain-to-snow event that worked out. Have roughly 5 inches OTG after 3.5" of cement snow, heavy rain, and then another fluffy 2.5" overnight and today. Overall, a good but very messy storm.

The Detroit screwhole is legit. My old neighborhood is right in that hole and they got 3" total there, mostly after the initial slop.

Ended up at 10 cm final (not a measurement). This "storm" which I hesitate to even call it that must have been one of the dumbest I've ever tracked for southern Ontario. There was an even greater dryslot overnight when the next wave of bands were to come through. The forecast was for 30 cm, good job TWN.

Exactly what we feared coming true for us east siders, this garbage winter can't end soon enough.

:clap:

Ended up at 10 cm final (not a measurement). This "storm" which I hesitate to even call it that must have been one of the dumbest I've ever tracked for southern Ontario. There was an even greater dryslot overnight when the next wave of bands were to come through. The forecast was for 30 cm, good job TWN.

:clap:

I think they bought into those NAM/EURO easterly solutions. The ones that tried to take the low through PA.

Archived