• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

This potential should come down to how fast the trough goes negative tilt. The Euro

brings the storm closer to the area as the southern stream ejects fast enough for

the trough to go negative tilt. The UKMET which has been the most amplified with

recent storms holds the southern stream back so the storm gets suppressed.

Kind of odd since that's what sometimes happens with the Euro.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still several days to figure this out. Gfs doesnt have anything .Going to come down to the ridging out west .

I don't usually use the dgex unless I'm looking for a red flag so I found it odd that it has a huge sprawling HP over the Southeast with nary a reflection of any storm at the end of the week. Dgex is generally amped up with these systems. Otoh, the usually progressive navgem at 0z had the storm impacting the coast, so go figure. End result.....inconclusive and a lower than average confidence forecast period coming up.

I don't usually use the dgex unless I'm looking for a red flag so I found it odd that it has a huge sprawling HP over the Southeast with nary a reflection of any storm at the end of the week. Dgex is generally amped up with these systems. Otoh, the usually progressive navgem at 0z had the storm impacting the coast, so go figure. End result.....inconclusive and a lower than average confidence forecast period coming up.

Lets hope we all cash in because this looks to be it for the so called winter.

Hope and pray this final event works out because that will be it for this winter. Around 3/10 and after, we blowtorch

We already know we flip. However by the time we do the damage may have been done for the city and the coast.

Keep the posts about winters over in banter.

This thread is for the 5th only.

Both the Canadian and EURO neg tilt this at 120 . The Euro ridge axis through the Rockies is exactly what you want to see , now if the ridging off the EC can stand it's ground SLP has nowhere to go but the BM.

But it has to hold . Right now the euro thinks it does.

This potential should come down to how fast the trough goes negative tilt. The Euro

brings the storm closer to the area as the southern stream ejects fast enough for

the trough to go negative tilt. The UKMET which has been the most amplified with

recent storms holds the southern stream back so the storm gets suppressed.

Kind of odd since that's what sometimes happens with the Euro.

144.gif

Euro.gif

The UKMET is always amped on storms that run inland, it tends to be very flat though on systems that track along or off the coast.

Gfs is out to lunch IMO, it has no other support with the 2 low

Scenario, first storm cuts, second storms a coastal, just depends on where, based off getting the ridge to hold

Ukie was also showing the 2 low situation until 0z and backed off. Nam is now west and north. You have to go up to Caribou for a lot of snow.

I remember in the past that the Ukie use to struggle with east coast storms.

It can be too far SE with these coastal storms. So I am hoping that this is another case.

But the spread on the models with the southern stream turning the corner or getting suppressed

is pretty large for something 5-6 days away.

Ukie has been great this winter. Its verification scores just behind the Euro.

The Ukie is not even a flurry or raindrop here. If the Euro shows the same, CMC is an extreme outlier. The EPS mean went way east from the previous run, and the GFS is nada. I would not be surprised to see the op Euro go further east than 0z. We will know shortly...

Archived