joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/12-13 Snow Showers

snowfan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long loop of the streamer/snow showers looked like Southern Frederick County MD may have had a long bout of snow. I do not know if anyone reported from there but would like to know!

Other than the .15" of powdery snow that blew into minicrystals overnight that cannot really be seen, we had some fairy dust out this way a bit ago! Temp is 17

Any my weather station is officially dead other than temps and DP! May be time to take the plunge and get something more expensive!

I thought there would be more activity today other what some saw this morning but it looks like that's not going to be the case. Radar looks bad even in pa for snow showers.

Not everything g is showing up on radar. Especially the up slope stuff.HRRR always targeted later this afternoon for some streamers and still is. May not, but we'll see.

Driving south on 495 was pretty interesting this morning. As I got onto the ramp from 50 and headed south on 495. It looked like I was driving towards a real deal lake effect streamer. It literally went from no snow anywhere to covered road and accidents everywhere. The effected area was only about a mile wide. The worse of it was around AFB. Really neat stuff.

Archived