amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB has mentioned one major aspect over and over again with the models in this system. That they warm the surface way more than they ever should with heavy precip falling. Even when we get rainers here I always seem to lock in a 33.

To any worrying about precip amounts, a further south track is king. We have to have that even if it cuts into qpf. Otherwise we just spend the qpf raining off the snow that has fallen.

Yep, every other model maintained or went south, the Euro cuts and runs the Apps.

12z NAM was a bit north I thought, but have looked at so many models that it is beginning to blur things.  But yeah, the Euro is on an island.  I have seen it score from here.  It dug a bit more than 0z in the Arklatex.  When it does that, the slp gets stronger and becomes an Apps runner.  Honestly, if we can just get it around the base of the Apps...we would do well.  During the DC blizzard, it actually got this right, but several other models hinted at this. 

The little wave on the back side it what is keeping it from cutting on the other models I think. It's further behind on the Euro than the others.

The clipper keeps the others south and acts as a kicker.  Beginning to wonder if the Euro is having an issue w/ being to slow.  It is a possible solution, but I am not buying it right now. 

The clipper keeps the others south and acts as a kicker.  Beginning to wonder if the Euro is having an issue w/ being to slow.  It is a possible solution, but I am not buying it right now. 

The most known bias of the Euro is holding energy back in these situations. It holds back the wave over East Texas and lets it strengthen, that keeps it further north and turns it left. Also holds that second piece back a little more than other models.

Still gets down 3-6+ inches of snow north of 40. 

The most known bias of the Euro is holding energy back in these situations. It holds back the wave over East Texas and lets it strengthen, that keeps it further north and turns it left. Also holds that second piece back a little more than other models.

Still gets down 3-6+ inches of snow north of 40. 

Also, if it is too slow w/ the clipper...that may not be kicking the slp and letting it did.  You know, I have looked at the snow axis on the KY/TN border.  It is south by about 50 miles.  What is crazy, the Euro cut and we have more snow.  So, yes there is a good thump of snow on the front end of things.  What is missing is the Miller A track.  Whether we get that or not, I am not sure.  But I think this is an inland runner w/ some decent dynamics.  Much more encouraged than yesterday that a decent winter even is coming to at least the eastern 2/3 of the state north of I40.  Could just be a slop fest, but I am not too picky.  I like winter weather in all forms. 

Archived