12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do y'all think, euro gonna cut big time north, roll over LeConte or go low?

I'd be surprised if it folded completely.  Seemed it was in error (maybe or maybe not?) in digging too far south in the Arklatex region.  JB said it and I agree.  Whether it corrects that I am not sure.  Normally, the UKMET is a pretty good precursor.  The UKMET is a perfect track. All of that said, I will take the Euro on a more southerly track but north of the UKMET and Canadian.  Will hug the TN border and sneak around the base of the Apps and head north.  Total guess.  Seems like some new data was ingested tonight.  Really looking to see its trend.  I say it is south of 12z. 

Still think there's lots of ups and downs, but damn the Canadian is consistent at giving the Tennessee Valley and Western NC a treat. That's like 4 days in a row with wide spread 8-14 inch totals over various parts of the Valley.

I don't much care what the Euro shows at this point, until it can show something similar over at least a 3 run/24 hour period. Right now it's too all over the place. In the past 24 hours both the WPC and Joe Bastardi have said it's Op run wasn't worth putting in their forecast package.

Still think there's lots of ups and downs, but damn the Canadian is consistent at giving the Tennessee Valley and Western NC a treat. That's like 4 days in a row with wide spread 8-14 inch totals over various parts of the Valley.

I don't much care what the Euro shows at this point, until it can show something similar over at least a 3 run/24 hour period. Right now it's too all over the place. In the past 24 hours both the WPC and Joe Bastardi have said it's Op run wasn't worth putting in their forecast package.

Yep, and now that the 0z NAM is showing a flatter and weaker system at 60h...it is on an island if it goes west again tonight. 

What do y'all think, euro gonna cut big time north, roll over LeConte or go low?

Stove I'm going with a roll over LeConte with the very unscientific reasoning that the Euro has been our Crazy Uncle Harold of weather models with this storm and I see no reason for it to change at this juncture.

Meanwhile I'm lurking and waiting on Crazy Uncle Harold just like everyone else. :snowing:  

Stove I'm going with a roll over LeConte with the very unscientific reasoning that the Euro has been our Crazy Uncle Harold of weather models with this storm and I see no reason for it to change at this juncture.

Meanwhile I'm lurking and waiting on Crazy Uncle Harold just like everyone else. :snowing:  

I love me some skelton up in these late night euro threads, your avatar kills me every time.  :guitar:

Archived