CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The huge shifts actually kind of make sense with the setup ; either shunted south under the HP or nw around it's backside So, not much way of an in between as it would be going into the HP, I.m.o.. Timing is the biggest deal here as the deterministic factor of which road it takes, unless of course it's just a weak wave as it then may stay south regardless.. Gut tells me westerly track will be the outcome, unfortunately.

32k NAM is always stingy on precip of any kind it seems. Anyone know why? At any rate the 12k NAM is the only other one that goes out to our time period. 4K stops at 60hrs. 12k looked a lot better to me. I saw the double barrel high in NY and NC. Also saw a 1019H in AR? Is that possible? That's almost a weak low pressure lol. Meso High?

32k NAM is always stingy on precip of any kind it seems. Anyone know why? At any rate the 12k NAM is the only other one that goes out to our time period. 4K stops at 60hrs. 12k looked a lot better to me. I saw the double barrel high in NY and NC. Also saw a 1019H in AR? Is that possible? That's almost a weak low pressure lol. Meso High?

I don't like either 32K or 12K for precip, 32 is always underdone and 12K is always overdone to me.  I hate relying on NAM for qpf I just watch feature placements with it and fill in the blanks on precip.

Archived