amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to the weather channel there is 2 lows a clipper and a reg storm they are not even over land yet so untill they are its gonna be had for any set track I'd say they don't even know what's gonan happen.

There is a front runner that heads to the Ohio Valley region. This is the system that may aid in building just enough confluence to push the trailer a little further south to help those that would like to see snow.

Para Euro was a similar track to the OP. It did have much better moisture advection out ahead of it an gave North Central Tennessee and Kentucky 8-10+ with 4-6 along the other border areas. Fell off quickly down towards the 40 corridor. Still turns everyone over to rain and probably washing a lot of that snow off, or at least compacts it quite a bit.

Para Euro was a similar track to the OP. It did have much better moisture advection out ahead of it an gave North Central Tennessee and Kentucky 8-10+ with 4-6 along the other border areas. Fell off quickly down towards the 40 corridor. Still turns everyone over to rain and probably washing a lot of that snow off, or at least compacts it quite a bit.

Was noticing the para was about 3-6 hours quicker with the low.  Also, it showed multiple low centers (one in northwest GA, the other about 100 miles further southeast of that) at hour 96.  To give reference, the operational has a broad area of low pressure back in central Alabama at the same time.

We need the cmc ukie combo on this.

Or just the CMC, haha.

I know the conversation has been around how much the Euro has been jumping around and how consistent the Canadian modeling has been, and rightfully so.  I would like to point out the European modeling was tremendously consistent in the longer range with this system and around the time it started to lose its way, the Canadian locked in and hasn't really changed all that much.  It doesn't mean the Canadian is right, but to this point it's been fascinating to watch this potential system evolve.

Or just the CMC, haha.

I know the conversation has been around how much the Euro has been jumping around and how consistent the Canadian modeling has been, and rightfully so. I would like to point out the European modeling was tremendously consistent in the longer range with this system and around the time it started to lose its way, the Canadian locked in and hasn't really changed all that much. It doesn't mean the Canadian is right, but to this point it's been fascinating to watch this potential system evolve.

I fell out of love with the Euro about 4 years ago When it consistently showed a nice Miller a and the ukie and cmc had an apps runner. Well, the cmc ukie combo won that battle. Hopefully the same holds true, I have my doubts.

I fell out of love with the Euro about 4 years ago When it consistently showed a nice Miller a and the ukie and cmc had an apps runner. Well, the cmc ukie combo won that battle. Hopefully the same holds true, I have my doubts.

I remember that system and everyone on the Southeast forum dove off the cliff screaming.

I was watching the location of the low on the NAM just then. Low was in central AL then went south to about Montgomery, then on to Columbus GA. That low track is way better than the GFS and more in line with the CMC

Good track.  Hope that holds.  If 12z suite holds to the low road track, we will have a lot to talk about over the coming days.

Archived