Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone confirm what I'm seeing....

It looks to me like frontogenisis, and the precip is phasing near Maryland and interacting with the NW energy.. No model had this occurring, and if this is really happening, it would mean a massive extent to the lrecip field and a MUCH longer duration even than expected...

Anyone? Thoughts?

It looks to me like frontogenisis, and the precip is phasing near Maryland and interacting with the NW energy.. No model had this occurring, and if this is really happening, it would mean a massive extent to the lrecip field and a MUCH longer duration even than expected...

Anyone? Thoughts?

Precip expanding NW over VA and WV, can't be bad for us.

Anyone? Thoughts?

There is some impressive 700mb frontogenesis down in Virginia, and you can see everything becoming quickly saturated from Central PA down to VA.

However, I would be cautious. It seems like every storm the radar looks better than modeled. At the moment it does look pretty good, but that may just be an illusion.

Anyone? Thoughts?

I don't know either; but I think I see what you are seeing on the Rutgers  Northeast radar------------------------ http://synoptic.envsci.rutgers.edu/site/radar.php?≠=anim&radar=Northeast

The coastal-only precip seems to fill in westward in Virginia & Maryland the final few frames on the loop.

Archived