• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter. Will it ever snow again?

mreaves

Got to love how it came out 2 months after getting mine but I wasn't going to spend that much anyway.

It's insane how fast this stuff is moving.  I fully expected this $1k quadcopter phenomenon to play itself out really quickly as people impulse bought them and crashed them on the first flight or two.  Also didn't really expect the appeal to crossover so much to the mainstream.  The technology moved so quickly that people can get fantastic results on their first flights.  Collision avoidance cements that trend.

I'm looking forward to the footage we get from t-storm season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's insane how fast this stuff is moving.  I fully expected this $1k quadcopter phenomenon to play itself out really quickly as people impulse bought them and crashed them on the first flight or two.  Also didn't really expect the appeal to crossover so much to the mainstream.  The technology moved so quickly that people can get fantastic results on their first flights.  Collision avoidance cements that trend.

I'm looking forward to the footage we get from t-storm season.

I agree bobbutts, the drone sensation should come to a quick slow down as the people that want them will already have them and have taken their shots.  I think Go Pro missed the bus.  By the time they get something out the market will be saturated.

I am looking forward to T storm season too.  I could get some great shots of storms coming over the lake.  Just have to make sure I get the thing down before the gust front arrives.

On a more current note the new Gray Maine AFD doesn't seem very excited about  QPF making it into C/NNE.  18Z GFS will be interesting to see if the west trend has finally stopped.

THIS

DEEPENING OCEAN LOW IS CURRENTLY PROGGED TO TRACK OUTSIDE THE

40N/70W BENCHMARK. THIS TRACK WOULD PUT OUR IMMEDIATE COASTLINE ON

THE WESTERN PERIPHERY OF THE PRECIPITATION SHIELD SUNDAY NIGHT AND

EARLY MONDAY...WITH SOME LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE.

OTHERWISE...WE`LL BE BLUSTERY AND CONTINUED COOL BOTH MONDAY AND

TUESDAY WITH THE UPPER TROUGH ACROSS THE REGION ALONG WITH

SCATTERED RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS.

BTV not as pessimistic.

LONG TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY/...
AS OF 355 PM EDT WEDNESDAY...HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS INTO THE REGION
FOR THE WEEKEND BEFORE A COASTAL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM DEVELOPS LATE
SUNDAY. THE LATEST RUNS OF THE GFS AND ECMWF BRING THE CENTER OF
THE LOW RIGHT AROUND THE 70/40 BENCHMARK SUNDAY NIGHT WHICH COULD
BRING SNOW VT AND PORTIONS OF NRN NY AS IT TRACKS TOWARD THE GULF
OF MAINE ON MONDAY. CAVEAT BEING THAT MODELS HAVE LACKED RUN TO
RUN CONSISTENCY.

Don't worry, 12" on Monday, lol. Hopefully it goes OTS. Don't want it now.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am too.  If I'm lucky, I'll get to golf a couple of weeks earlier than usual.  With my luck though, we will probably move into the snowiest late March early April pattern ever.

Interesting about the project of photographing every town from above.  Quite a undertaking doing so much driving and waiting for sunny calm conditions.  Maybe he could make a book.   I'll pass and let eyewall do this one lol!

Great morning with the low clouds just above my head.  I am fortunate to live 600-700 feet above my surroundings so I can go up 400 feet over my head and still be in FAA compliance.  Took the drone up and quickly got over the broken layer.  Could have gone much higher but that's a no no.   A really pretty flight if you like clouds and weather like I do.

Interesting about the project of photographing every town from above.  Quite a undertaking doing so much driving and waiting for sunny calm conditions.  Maybe he could make a book.   I'll pass and let eyewall do this one lol!

Great morning with the low clouds just above my head.  I am fortunate to live 600-700 feet above my surroundings so I can go up 400 feet over my head and still be in FAA compliance.  Took the drone up and quickly got over the broken layer.  Could have gone much higher but that's a no no.   A really pretty flight if you like clouds and weather like I do.

I see a glory! 2:28-2:30

The quality of the video technology available today absolutely stuns me.   

Sugarbush and Killington on hold for lightning...none up here yet but did have a squall of rain below 3000ft and wet snow above that.

I had a few rumbles of thunder about an hour and a half ago (roughly on a straight line west of Sugarbush), so I can see it being warranted.

The quality of the video technology available today absolutely stuns me.   

mreaves   I love going up when there are low clouds.  Wish I could put a transponder on the bird to alert aircraft and go much higher.  That's never going to happen.

Eyewall, nice pics can't tell if that is fog on the lake surface or low clouds.

Brian   cool,  went back and looked at the glory phenomenon from the drone

PF  Thanks again for suggesting Weatherbell.  Should have done this long ago.

Everyone   Congrads on the next storm.  This will be the one we have waited for all winter.  Too bad it will be a late March storm but I remember several Boston blizzards in early April with dry snow so it can easily happen to us. 

Archived