joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
model dropbox

forkyfork

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, you can see the CMC trying to point out deformation bands all the way out in PA with subsidence in between 

Incredible to watch 

You're not at all worried about a shafting zone as the axis shifts? Seems that there are two maxes, one in PA somewhere and the other somewhere closer to NYC.

You're not at all worried about a shafting zone as the axis shifts? Seems that there are two maxes, one in PA somewhere and the other somewhere closer to NYC.

No. 

Ideally, there will be an initial thump, and then the coastal takes over which will cause the entire precip shield to blossom. With that happening, you'll have probably one or two deformation bands shifting within the coma head. Of course the areas that are outside these zones will see subsidence and less snow, but these are details that I would not stress until Thursday. 

Only thing I'm focusing on is the general H5 track for now. 

Can`t be worried with those looks at 500 mbs . In the areas where there is some  sinking air  for a time you are probably looking at 1.5 ( a fail ? )  and the areas with the greatest convection  one could approach 2.5 inches .

Sign me up for the fail and you take the CCB and I will not complain . ( as modeled tonight ) . 

Keep in mind this AM the greatest amounts were down in the M/A now they are up over PA . They will move around all the way through 

Can`t be worried with those looks at 500 mbs . In the areas where there is some sinking air for a time you are probably looking at 1.5 ( a fail ? ) and the areas with the greatest convection one could approach 2.5 inches .

Sign me up for the fail and you take the CCB and I will not complain . ( as modeled tonight ) .

Keep in mind this AM the greatest amounts were down in the M/A now they are up over PA . They will move around all the way through

Great post.

Verbatim the Twin Forks might be tricky for a time because the GFS gets them into the upper 30s to near 40 Saturday evening, but that might be during a time where it's not precipitating much anyway.

I wouldn't trust that completely, I've seen it many many times not get above freezing for storms that show it getting warm

Archived