EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Pattern Disco

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The values are derived from maps on pay sites but I assure they are negative. The PNA is positive but slightly. I would post the numbers but those with this one pay site can find the maps here.

I have the same, although I am referring to the final 4 days or so. I also don't like spread sheet values. Seeing the actual pattern for your own eyes is of much more value.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a major SSW event. I think it's apparent that we've commenced the process already. Wave-1 hit over the past couple days will weaken the anomalous vortex to normal conditions, then another record daily amplitude wave-1 should finish the job in about 10 days. Wave breaking enhanced by +EA MT and GWO/AAM and tropical forcing progression.

Berlin plots were impressive this morning. Next update, I think, should indicate a reversal of the mean zonal winds down to 10hpa. 60-90N temperatures progged to spike well above last year's event which was a minor SSW. Still favoring displacement, but if we can achieve some last minute wave-2, maybe split (not likely).

The primary question in my mind right now is the extent to which the PV is displaced from the pole, and where exactly it decides to position itself for the balance of February. Right now, I like the direction the Euro's headed.

Archived