SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly to debate at this point but SV is always conservative compared to the others (sometimes rightly so closer to the cities depending on the setup) but IWM, WxBell, and TropicalTidBits are all pretty much the same for the 0z.

SVs are much better than most on the whole. Of course this is still way the hell out there and it did move east. And there's still a lot of snow.

Someone's gotta pull up soundings. lol please don't.

You peaked my interest.  Prior to 138, everything is below 0.  At 138, 1000 flips above 0 (1.1), all other levels below 0.  At 141, everything below 800 is above freezing.  We flip back to snow at/around 147.  

So verbatim, snow, rain, snow.  I'll take it.  

Sweet, thanks! Where did you get that info from?

Oh, I've read about March 58 in the KU book and I've known people who told me stories about it.

As for Parkton specifically, Ian posted a link to this site and if you look up the snowfall data under Daily Data for Month or Monthly Summarized Data, and then search Parkton, you'll find it all :)

http://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

00z GGEM looks really good @ 120 for at least a major thumping...144 map has a pretty wrapped up low though, tough to tell on the B&W maps though

Its warmer than anything has shown yet and the low is way north...... but it's the GGEM. (From SV). 00z UKIE hr 144 1007mb just South of Hatteras.

You peaked my interest. Prior to 138, everything is below 0. At 138, 1000 flips above 0 (1.1), all other levels below 0. At 141, everything below 800 is above freezing. We flip back to snow at/around 147.

So verbatim, snow, rain, snow. I'll take it.

yep for DCA

128 - 139 snow - about 0.85" QPF

139 - 147 - something else

147 - 158 - snow - about 0.15" QPF

would be 10"+

Yeah, the EURO is on its own right now....Maybe if we get lucky the EURO will show a compromise

While the Euro OP is further south, the Euro Para is in the Miller A camp with a coastal off OBX then heading NE from there.  Today's 12z had a pretty sharp cutoff but it gave about 4" to DC, 6" to Fredericksburg, and highest totals from SW VA to the Delmarva.  

Archived