CONFIDENCE IN SLEET AS THE DOMINANT PTYPE TO START. A TRANSITION TO

FREEZING RAIN AND THEN RAIN WILL EVOLVE DURING THE EVENING AS STRONG

MOISTURE ADVECTION FORCES SURFACE DEWPOINTS ABOVE FREEZING. A

SIMILAR EVOLUTION IS EXPECTED FOR ALL LOCATIONS. ONE ITEM OF NOTE IS

POTENTIAL FOR EASTERLY FLOW ACROSS LAKE ERIE/ST CLAIR COULD CUT INTO

WINTRY PRECIP POTENTIAL IN WAYNE/MONROE COUNTY. THIS IS ACCOUNTED

FOR IN THE FORECAST WITH WSW WORDING SUGGESTING LESSER AMOUNTS

TOWARD THE LAKESHORE.

I've never heard them mentioning Lk Erie/St. Clair influencing the thermals of Detroit proper compared to "inland" areas. Just viscerally it wouldn't seem to ring true, but I guess if water temps are very warm it's possible?

That is pretty much what happened on that Nov storm. Yes I can see some truth to that but then again it is DTX and they do have a history of down playing winter storms.

That is pretty much what happened on that Nov storm. Yes I can see some truth to that but then again it is DTX and they do have a history of down playing winter storms.

Our problem with the Nov 21st storm was dry slot. We "only" got 4.9" but not a drop of rain. Precip type was 100% snow.

As for today? Idk what to think. Nightmare commute home and it will turn to rain anyway. Not looking forward to it. Hoping for sleet not zr.

If the lake was at least partially frozen and we had been cold in December , this would be about as close as you can get to a good ice setup in the city as you can get. As it stands we just can't cool off at the surface with this flow off the bathtub. Dominant p-type a log the lakeshore will be plain rain/drizzle with bouts of thundersleet under better returns. Looking at mesoanalysis I'd be leary of frozen amounts even well north into mkx, especially east with such a stout elevated warm layer about to get wrapped in.

9.38" as of 6:09 a.m. at WFO STL. Downright incredible rainfall down here. Interstate 70 is shut down and interstate 44 is due to be shut down southwest towards Rolla due to overtopping by the Gasconade River.

...and it's still pouring rain.

Wow very impressive from the looks of it you might be able to top 11" before its all over.... I'm just south of the I-72 corridor currently sitting at 5.10" and still raining

Warm tongue is a monster folks

+1

31˚/29˚ on my thermometer. Steady -ZR continues after a brief start of some pingers. Pavement is fine in my hood, but everything just above the ground is glazed over quite nicely. Starting to hear the crackle in the trees with the steady wind. Thankful we'll be going above freezing at some point today.   

Our problem with the Nov 21st storm was dry slot. We "only" got 4.9" but not a drop of rain. Precip type was 100% snow.

As for today? Idk what to think. Nightmare commute home and it will turn to rain anyway. Not looking forward to it. Hoping for sleet not zr.

Places along the water from the shores up to Algonac barely got anything.

Archived