Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Yellow alert! Archembault, Yellow alert: ~ November 29 thru December 7

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quickish update ...

Not much has changed.  Still an > median probability for storminess during the title time span (~ NOV 29 - DEC 7 or so).

What that will entail is still exotically too early to tell.  Presently... or I should say, most recently, the GFS operational is attempting to phase the lead (DEC 1) trough/closed low ejection out of the Rockies' region a little more curvi-linear-like with the attitude of the SPV situated over NE/E Canada.  This 'linking' allows for less stream-wise blocking and that encourages the deep layer structure to then avail of +NAO in turning left a bit sooner than model ideas of 24 hours ago. 

Can't say that's all not going to happen.  Just as much as the handling of that southern Canada mean jet, and any interaction with that SPV (however indirect/direct) could all be (and probably is) in error.  This is an intriguingly complex scenario. The +NOA circulation type was so massive in previous runs, that it's SW curvi-linear arc was imposing a strong polar jet N of Superior, but now .. subtle weakening/contraction of that features girth is allowing said jet to lift N enough for a Lakes transit scenario.  Still, enough system leading confluence and sfc polar high response may not mean a warm sector, either.  We'll have to see...

And, as others are aware .. the following system is now becoming more vivid in model illustrations ... Case in point, it may be false and probably is for a variety of [enter tropes], but suffices the idea (I think) that the 10 days or so overall caries potential.  

In the very least, ennui shouldn't be an issue ... 

It actually looks like the period to watch for this might be Dec 5-7th....Models seemed to flip the script as this Dec 1 event looks like a pure Lakers cutter, but mods are picking up on a wave right after this and some are blowing it up. 

As is...and relative to the 2-cycle 'trend', agreed.  

Relative to the 2-day's worth of modeling?  not so sure.  It's still D5 +   I figure most know this, but reminding ... that subtleties that caused/attributed to more commitment to the EC in previous runs could easily return. Too early to discount that entirely...

And yes ... it shouldn't surprise us that there are additional features to watch.  

Quickish update ...

Not much has changed.  Still an > median probability for storminess during the title time span (~ NOV 29 - DEC 7 or so).

What that will entail is still exotically too early to tell.  Presently... or I should say, most recently, the GFS operational is attempting to phase the lead (DEC 1) trough/closed low ejection out of the Rockies' region a little more curvi-linear-like with the attitude of the SPV situated over NE/E Canada.  This 'linking' allows for less stream-wise blocking and that encourages the deep layer structure to then avail of +NAO in turning left a bit sooner than model ideas of 24 hours ago. 

Can't say that's all not going to happen.  Just as much as the handling of that southern Canada mean jet, and any interaction with that SPV (however indirect/direct) could all be (and probably is) in error.  This is an intriguingly complex scenario. The +NOA circulation type was so massive in previous runs, that it's SW curvi-linear arc was imposing a strong polar jet N of Superior, but now .. subtle weakening/contraction of that features girth is allowing said jet to lift N enough for a Lakes transit scenario.  Still, enough system leading confluence and sfc polar high response may not mean a warm sector, either.  We'll have to see...

And, as others are aware .. the following system is now becoming more vivid in model illustrations ... Case in point, it may be false and probably is for a variety of [enter tropes], but suffices the idea (I think) that the 10 days or so overall caries potential.  

In the very least, ennui shouldn't be an issue ... 

I'm with you....my money is on that phase failing to some degree and this nailing nne.

Amazingly hideous 12z operational Euro run as it pertains to the topics heretofore.. Just stunningly awful.  Fascinating how bad actually  - worthy of honor in its own rite.  Pretty much 0.00 correlation to this threads discussion points, virtually everywhere.  

The only thing I'll add to that sardonic - tho it may actually be more truth than hyperbole as a description ... - is that this oper. run has also, 0.00 continuity as it regards most features beyond D 5, compared to those same sources/trends...etc.  Therein could be a brighter red flag than the typical extended beacon of suspicion. 

I dunno - holding serve for Nov 29 - Dec 7 until I see a broader more convincing trend from other tools, suggesting the red herring. 

Archived