Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 20-21 Early Season Snowstorm

Hoosier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just digging into some finer details, DGZ depth overall doesn't look particularly impressive...not one of those situations where we are dealing with something very thick.  So I think I'd go with average ratios in the ballpark of 10:1 to 12:1, with a possible exception being near Lake Michigan where they may be lower.

Just digging into some finer details, DGZ depth overall doesn't look particularly impressive...not one of those situations where we are dealing with something very thick.  So I think I'd go with average ratios in the ballpark of 10:1 to 12:1, with a possible exception being near Lake Michigan where they may be lower.

I still think it doesn't look too bad and actually pretty solid on some fcst soundings. Here is the 12z GFS for DPA. A good 100-150mb deep in the prime -12 to -18 deg C 

post-266-0-71855200-1447872084_thumb.gif

post-266-0-53821600-1447872089_thumb.gif

Will be time to start digging into the November snowstorm records over the next couple days as the position of the snow band gets refined.  I posted the one for Chicago yesterday.  I checked Rockford and theirs is 9.5" on November 6-7, 1951.  Whether this ends up being a record breaker for some areas remains to be seen but we appear to be heading toward something pretty unusual at least.

Will be time to start digging into the November snowstorm records over the next couple days as the position of the snow band gets refined.  I posted the one for Chicago yesterday.  I checked Rockford and theirs is 9.5" on November 6-7, 1951.  Whether this ends up being a record breaker for some areas remains to be seen but we appear to be heading toward something pretty unusual at least.

Already started looking into it.

Archived