Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter Outlook 2016

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job avoiding the ratter.

Yeah he was like 10-12 inches below normal, lol. Not exactly a full on ratter...though when your personal expectations for winter are like 1-2 sigma better than normal, then I guess slightly below normal to normal is considered a ratter.

10" of that was in Napril and near snowless Dec and Morch

Regardless of the total it was a wire to wire rat , and there's really no debating that

Guess it depends on your metric to judge it by. If 3-4 warning criteria events is a wire to wire ratter, I'd hate for you to go entire season(s) without a 6"+ event.

Anyway, 20 years from now they'll remember the ratter in some spots of the Northeast but probably not for NE CT when they see 40-50" out of a 50-60" average.

Guess it depends on your metric to judge it by. If 3-4 warning criteria events is a wire to wire ratter, I'd hate for you to go entire season(s) without a 6"+ event.

Seems you're still having an extremely difficult time emotionally dealing with this past winter up there. Now that the season is shut down.. My suggestion would be to move on to summer and vacations etc. Emotionally you really must move on.

This wasn't even close to a wire to wire ratter from where he lives and points east. What a selective memory.

Seems you're still having an extremely difficult time emotionally dealing with this past winter up there. Now that the season is shut down.. My suggestion would be to move on to summer and vacations etc. Emotionally you really must move on.

Haha ahh the classic Blizz deflection when presented with valid information.

This wasn't even close to a wire to wire ratter from where he lives and points east. What a selective memory.

From a snow standpoint, it's almost impossible to argue wire to wire ratter there...if you threw in temps, you can make a better argument. But even so, this winter had at least a couple two week stretches of decent snow cover.

From a snow standpoint, it's almost impossible to argue wire to wire ratter there...if you threw in temps, you can make a better argument. But even so, this winter had at least a couple two week stretches of decent snow cover.

I figure most judge winter by snow, and with that metric.....I have a difficult time seeing ratter there and points east. Some are just spoiled.

Subjective should also contain some objectivity.....some rationale logic.

Subjectively, it was a drowned rat here - only had to run the snowblower twice, pretty ugly for a place that averages nearly 90".  Objectively, my winter can't compare for dead-rattiness with ALB/BTV and points between.

Subjectively, it was a drowned rat here - only had to run the snowblower twice, pretty ugly for a place that averages nearly 90".  Objectively, my winter can't compare for dead-rattiness with ALB/BTV and points between.

For an area that does not have a huge variance in snowfall like we do down here, what occurred in your area....well especially ALB-BTV, was astonishing.

Isn't it subjective? What's a rat to some may not be to others. You say tit.. I say tat

Yeah, I put your personal scale above...your "average" winter you expect is actually something like in the top 25% of all winters at your location. So you live in a place that will get a majority ratters on your own grading scale.

You've just been lucky recently with several 1-2 SD winters above normal.

Archived