joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9/9/15 - 9/10/15 rain/t'storm potential

weatherwiz

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is. There were two batches. The second one is near NYC. The key is to see how that interacts on north side of front. As I said to you before, it's mesoscale.

I think that offshore convection is going to screw things up for SNE. 

The high res models have really backed off over the last few hours.

The stuff off NJ? I was thinking that stuff near NYC would either be a nice convergence band on west side of that little comma head, or just stagnant band of +RA moving north into SNE. We'll see how it goes this evening, I know some models were pretty aggressive later on.

It seemed like the hi res models (well it didn't seem like...they did) really went bonkers today, however, guidance seems to have done a pretty solid job overall depicting the areas that would be hardest hit.  Looked like western sections would get a good soak and eastern CT and points east.  

It almost seems like once you get within the event sometimes the hi-res models seem to go a little overboard and such...not sure if they take into account what's happened already or whatever but it's interesting.  

It seemed like the hi res models (well it didn't seem like...they did) really went bonkers today, however, guidance seems to have done a pretty solid job overall depicting the areas that would be hardest hit.  Looked like western sections would get a good soak and eastern CT and points east.  

It almost seems like once you get within the event sometimes the hi-res models seem to go a little overboard and such...not sure if they take into account what's happened already or whatever but it's interesting.  

Some of the globals were way too deformation happy which tends to happen in warm seasons...and not enough respect for low level forcing which again happens with globals. I thought the GFS was guilty of that..euro too I guess. but yeah...the mesos were too QPF happy. That convection moving east off NJ isn't helping as Ryan alluded too.

Some of the globals were way too deformation happy which tends to happen in warm seasons...and not enough respect for low level forcing which again happens with globals. I thought the GFS was guilty of that..euro too I guess. but yeah...the mesos were too QPF happy. That convection moving east off NJ isn't helping as Ryan alluded too.

I definitely agree with that.  You can see how the low level forcing was not really heavily favored by the models here.  While some of the models did have like a second max in eastern areas (eastern CT/RI, etc)...the extent of it was pretty underdone and it was all b/c the low level forcing factor.  Meanwhile, the models had the jackpots in western sections where the deform was taking too much into account.  

The stuff off NJ? I was thinking that stuff near NYC would either be a nice convergence band on west side of that little comma head, or just stagnant band of +RA moving north into SNE. We'll see how it goes this evening, I know some models were pretty aggressive later on.

I thought the same thing earlier but I think that convection east of ACY is interrupting moisture transport.

That band moving through CT isn't really backbuilding or anything. FLying right through. 

Archived