Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer's Over

WEATHER53

glbT2mMonInd6.gif

We're screwed.  I really have zero hope / expectations for this winter.  3 straight 30"+ winters in succession + SUPER NINO = try again next year.  All my hopes are just pinned on having a good fall season.  Just want a prolonged stretch of comfortable days and crisp nights w/o any major storms, so the leaves hang on as long as possible. 

We're screwed.  I really have zero hope / expectations for this winter.  3 straight 30"+ winters in succession + SUPER NINO = try again next year.  All my hopes are just pinned on having a good fall season.  Just want a prolonged stretch of comfortable days and crisp nights w/o any major storms, so the leaves hang on as long as possible. 

I won't lie, that is a scary look globally. I wonder if global temps would return to their previous levels.

In general this was a poor call by me. Not a disaster with tons of 90-92 readings and very few above but I really did anticipate that July and August would achieve negative values. The daytime max average was around average but the nightime mins were high.

Now that DCA has corrected itself after years of me trying to get movement to make it accurate I can imagine that my predicitions will be even better becasue of not having to deal with the DCA warmth inaccuracy.

AccuWx ftw? Looks like we're in for a 10-15 day 90+ stretch starting this weekend.

FWIW, the vast majority of solid Niño winters were preceded by warm Septembers, especially relative to October, anomaly wise.

Yeah, they nailed it, although under estimated the duration.  This is going to be a brutally-long stretch of heat, and very few chances of t-storm relief.  Great to hear that we likely torch Sep. also.

In general this was a poor call by me. Not a disaster with tons of 90-92 readings and very few above but I really did anticipate that July and August would achieve negative values. The daytime max average was around average but the nightime mins were high.

Now that DCA has corrected itself after years of me trying to get movement to make it accurate I can imagine that my predicitions will be even better becasue of not having to deal with the DCA warmth inaccuracy.

Credit to you for taking it on the chin and addressing your call.  I think saying "summer's over" was over the top, and it really hurt the call it seems you were trying to make.

• 1 month later...

How did I miss this doozy?

You really are a glass is completely empty kinda guy aren't you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived