Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat 5/27-5/28 and heavy rain threat 5/30-6/1

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even the driest models give most of the subforum another inch at least.

Like I said I hope so. Something seems fishy though. We have all the convection we needed down south of us to send the moisture plume north but it's running into some type of wall. We shall see how it progresses as we move through the night. Not saying we don't see rain I'm just suspicious of over an inch on the island.

I could be wrong but I think the stuff near Lancaster should make it further North. It seems to be aimed right for Allentown. The Euro had the heaviest rains falling between 00z and 06z, so that's the next five hours.

That precip blob near Harrisburg is moving NNE.. If it continues to move in that direction & with that intensity someone NW of NYC is gonna be swimming to work in the morning.

That precip blob near Harrisburg is moving NNE.. If it continues to move in that direction & with that intensity someone NW of NYC is gonna be swimming to work in the morning.

There are two areas of intense rain: the one near PHL that is aimed for NYC and LI, and then the one near Harrisburg that may hit the NW suburbs.

I'm worried I'll be affected by both of them.

This is game time. All week long the models have advertised the heaviest rain to fall tonight so if that doesn't happen, it's going to be somewhat of a bust, even though a lot of areas have certainly already experienced more than a fair share of rain.

Archived