Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Grade the Winter of 2014-2015

SR Airglow

52 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give the winter of 2014-2015?

yes the firehose situation was brutal but it was one event, i expect him to be up to 25-30 inches ahead of me in a busy winter plus his elevation helps a lot even in non obvious events....firehose was second worst bc low lands east and south of valley had up to and over a foot while we had three inches on grassy surfaces tops

You missed out quite a bit that winter based on your total and Kevin's.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think from a climo standpoint. Kevin should be getting about 15 to 20 more inches of snow than my location. when he starts getting 30 to 40 more inches in a given year, that's when you know you are getting screwed

He averages close to 60". Your average certainly isn't 20 less.

I would think from a climo standpoint. Kevin should be getting about 15 to 20 more inches of snow than my location. when he starts getting 30 to 40 more inches in a given year, that's when you know you are getting screwed

You average near 50 right? Maybe high 40s? 15-20 is on the high side. My guess is closer to 10-12.

you guys all told me after the blizzard that i couldnt complain about ct bc i got nearly two feet and ginxy said that even if the storm had stalled it wouldnt have mattered for my area anyways

I wouldn't complain if I got 2 feet in a snowstorm in the CT valley and someone else got 30. If everyone else got 45-50 I might complain.

That's just me. I would NEVER expect a jackpot near Springfield. Need everything to be absolutely perfect.

and the low placement for 78 was what one would think of as better for back this way but after the fe dump it occluded and the best banding set up east and to some degree well nw as well

I dunno. '78 was a benchmark track that scooted east almost after that point. I'd typically want something a little further W in the CT valley. Talking mid level tracks like feb 2001, jan 2011, oct 2011. Those kinds of systems. '78 was even too far SE for ORH to get the meat of it though they still managed over 20.

yes maybe he only averages about 12 inches more than me a year, but the point being when he starts throwing out 30 to 40 inch differentials it gets frustrating.

Yeah no argument there. I was actually strengthening your argument by saying the difference should be even less than 15-20.

30-40 requires some unfortunate stuff to happen on top of regular climo.

Yeah it is all subjective...which is why I never understand when folks who didn't experience a winter in a given spot, try to convince the person living there that winter was better/worse than they graded it, haha.

how can anyone judge their own winter by what other people got? Some of you need to live on the southern coast for a couple of winters

I wish I would have been around for the Boxing Day event on here, there must have been some classic meltdowns. I might have to go and dig up a thread on that one, lol.

Tip had an epic meltdown in that event...so I rib him sometimes when he says we shouldn't get emotional about the weather

how can anyone judge their own winter by what other people got? Some of you need to live on the southern coast for a couple of winters

If I were to ever move to the southern coast, it would be much further south than New England!  If I am going to give up snow, I'm going to give it completely.

If I were to ever move to the southern coast, it would be much further south than New England! If I am going to give up snow, I'm going to give it completely.

although GON had 70 plus this year, but yea some perspective is nice. Personally I judge my winter by mby not PFs, Wills or Codfishermans

Archived