northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man what a cluster on model guidance for next week...so many different solutions. Euro has some overrunning...then squashes everything, and then cuts a big rainer late week...other guidance says no. Keeps the front south.

I would usually agree with some on here and say save a horse, But its had a broken leg on many events this year

I know it's the NAM, but I kind of agree with how it handles Sunday's overrunning precipitation.  It sags the front around the Pike for a while, pushes it north and then snow develops from CNE points north.  Nothing heavy, but an inch or two or three (mountain tops) could fall. 

IOW --- I'm not buying what the GFS is selling.  I'm also not buying what the EURO is selling either.  I can envision a bright overcast day Monday with temps in the low (maybe middle) 50s.  Boring, nasty weather.  I can't wait for the flip to solid springtime weather.

That is all you need to know at low elevations in April.

We need it to congeal into a larger threat, or for everything to occur at night lol

Weak disturbance can cause mod/heavy QPF though...so they still need to be watched.

I think Will said this yesterday, but then you have convection screwing around with the lows too. A lot of things for numerical guidance to work out.

I just want it to work that BDF out of the DC area next week, I'll be down there Tues-Fri and want some 60's/70's not 50's and fog.

It would be fitting, though.....just epitomize the overall tenor of this season if the interior reached record territory by overcoming the odds stacked against it...April, weak waves, etc.

This season has overcome some long, long odds.

GGEM is pretty sweet even way out, geezus

The 00z GGEM did not look as cold ...  In fact, pick a model and time series, they're all oscillating that warm front/stationary front/cool front up and down in latitude by some 100 to 200 miles per cycle.   This run happens to run back off toward timing QPF for winter fantasies, which may or may not be correct -- but point is, we don't know.

Again, I say what I said three days go re caveat emptor on that boundary next week. Just be leery of it, because as NCEP has also noted, one helluva temp gradient 100 miles or less immediately astride that sucker.  

Archived