• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

I think these past 2 months really epitomize and legitimitize what we've been saying. It was season performing as a season. Just continued unabated cold, and snowcover. That is what winter is supposed to do . It's climo. Now so far spring is not performing as a season.. But the good part about that is.. The longer we sustain cold and snow.. The less misery of clouds, drizzle and backdoors, and we can move quicker into the heat and humidity of summer. The only worry is instead of April bring terrible.. It ends up being May that we have to suffer thru of cold and drizzle

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these past 2 months really epitomize and legitimitize what we've been saying. It was season performing as a season. Just continued unabated cold, and snowcover. That is what winter is supposed to do . It's climo. Now so far spring is not performing as a season.. But the good part about that is.. The longer we sustain cold and snow.. The less misery of clouds, drizzle and backdoors, and we can move quicker into the heat and humidity of summer. The only worry is instead of April bring terrible.. It ends up being May that we have to suffer thru of cold and drizzle

Your last 2 sentences contradict eachother.

Not at all. After a cold winter a nice spring doesn't happen. The price is going to be paid and soon. Whether it's April or May lingering into June

Well that's just completely made up. In truth there is really very little correlation between our coldest winters and a colder than normal spring. Most are just average.

I would say after winter a nice spring doesn't happen. But in reality this is an average spring.

I think you forgot the sucky first month plus of winter.

Only 9" left at my stake.  Was just identifying which trees to take down.  I've tagged 8 so far.

Ice on Winni crying for mama.

How has it been there this year? Ice out late April?

Late April is a pretty safe bet.  Some folks say there is only 10 inches of ice in spots and others still have 30".

Can we beat 4/23 from last year?

I've selected April 25th.

This year might be near the record of Mid May 1888

Going into May totally depends on cloudcover and wind and has little to do with temps.  No amount of cold is going to help with 14 hours of sunlight and a peak sun angle of 62 degrees.

The May iceouts are kinda lame anyways... the solid lake cover is long gone, it just means the ice drifted and compacted into one of the bays.  2001 was the last May iceout.  The lake was 99% clear but the docks of Wolfeboro were blocked.

Late April is a pretty safe bet.  Some folks say there is only 10 inches of ice in spots and others still have 30".

I've selected April 25th.

Going into May totally depends on cloudcover and wind and has little to do with temps.  No amount of cold is going to help with 14 hours of sunlight and a peak sun angle of 62 degrees.

The May iceouts are kinda lame anyways... the solid lake cover is long gone, it just means the ice drifted and compacted into one of the bays.  2001 was the last May iceout.  The lake was 99% clear but the docks of Wolfeboro were blocked.

Hours and hours of misery mist?

I had an awesome severe wx Dream last night!!! Getting closer. Hell, we could even see our first slight in April if things go right

The New Madrid fault produces an 11.5 quake, swallows the TN/OH valley and Mid Atlantic thereby pulling the Gulf of Mexico north and New England southwest putting us into a climatologically favored region for severe?

Archived