joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Rain->snow Wednesday night-Thursday, March 4-5 2015

famartin

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 4-7" is in Lehigh Valley. The smaller amounts were north of there.

This is a REALLY interesting storm. We rarely see anything like this, with a slowly sagging cold front. Normally if we're in the 40s and a cold front moves through, it just dries out as the cold air moves in. Banding and training means some areas probably get 10"+

Glenn

Love it Glenn Media Delaware County 28f just measured 5.4" of course away from any areas that potentially could be impacted from any effects of the sun at all.... most interesting thing I see is a humidity level that refuses to move from 95%

Hard to believe unless you really got screwed or your ruler is bent the wrong way. In Horsham, a couple miles more N and 4"+ here.

27.5F mod snow.

Agreed....easily over 4inches in the Hatboro/Horsham area..

Rates picked up a good bit about five minutes after my last post.  I'll re-measure at noon on backup surfaces as it appears consensus says I should have more.  I wiped the board clear after my first measure and we've had some decent wind gusts, so it's possible wind had affected it.

Down to 27F, as well.

3.25" as of 10 am and it's now 28F.  Much smaller, drier flakes - been mostly moderate snow the last hour - just missed that death band to our south.  Damn.  Still a great storm so far.  At least 6" looks pretty likely...

4" on the ground as of 11:15 am and it's now 27F and snowing moderately.  At this point, I'm expecting 7-8", based on radar trends (and now the upgraded snowfall maps by Mt. Holly putting me in the 6-8" range) - looks like at least another 3-5 hours of ~0.75"/hr snowfall on the way.  NW extent of the snowfall has only moved SE about 30-40 miles over the past 3-4 hours, from the Scranton area to the Mt. Pocono area, when it was expected to have sunk SE much further by now.  And there's plenty of subtropical moisture streaming up towards us - if it doesn't get shunted SE faster, we could actually get 10" or more in most of the area.  I know radar trend analysis isn't the best way to forecast, but it just doesn't look like it's going to end that quickly.  

Archived