joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/5/2015 Ice/Snow Event

Coach McGuirk

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legitimate moderate sleet mixed with rain now in SE Wake!! And Jon said this wasn't gonna be a big deal! :)

:) finally someone gives me some credit. Haha. I think this event just had those from Raleigh north itching for a second event to produce some surprise snow. I actually had some sleet mixed with rain earlier near crabtree valley mall around 3pm and thought this event might be showing off a bit, but it went back to rain after about 5 minutes.

Is it over for north wake?

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah. There is a band north of Charlotte that I'd watch for surprise wintry precip, but it looks to be dying out in the last few frames.

Looks like I might have a shot at something briefly with that mass of returns south of Greensboro and west of Asheboro when it gets here in an hour or so.

Although that may miss me to the south. lol   :arrowhead:

We've had a fair number of events over perform 'round here in central NC lately. Looks like this won't be one of them though. Ah well, grateful for what I have still. :)

:) finally someone gives me some credit. Haha. I think this event just had those from Raleigh north itching for a second event to produce some surprise snow. I actually had some sleet mixed with rain earlier near crabtree valley mall around 3pm and thought this event might be showing off a bit, but it went back to rain after about 5 minutes.

Ok, so I gave my coworker a hard time when he told me his wife was reporting sleet around 2:30. So your on is going to compel me to eat crow now. Ug!

Ok, so I gave my coworker a hard time when he told me his wife was reporting sleet around 2:30. So your on is going to compel me to eat crow now. Ug!

Lol! I reported it through mPing so there's proof out there, there was actually a few reports in that area I think. Both rain/sleet mix

Next year our OUR YEAR, boys.

I never really expected much from this system, but was hoping for it to over perform. Did see some sleet and might see a little more with the band out west. **We actually had a decent year so this does not hurt. I'm ready for spring, but as always dread the hot summer to follow.  

Check out these neat little ice sculptures that formed last night as the temperature dropped below freezing. One resembles a hollow volcanic cone, and the other looks like an upside down boat keel. Top one is water in a Stouffer's dish, bottom one is in the cat's water dish.

11024657_861119193926685_454771856457899
11039700_861119230593348_602024576323526
Like ·

·

Archived