• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March Into Not A Morch Pattern Discussion

Damage In Tolland

Like 70's? We've seen these warmups get squashed before the last 40 days. Hopefully the case again

Not that you asked ...but nothing would surprise me anymore.  The Military now has ray guns -- 

Seriously, I could see a huge 7-10 day balm stretch obliterate the snow pack and convert the deep boreal countryside into a quagmire of mud and black flies, only to refreeze it all during the March 23-April 3rd, 10-D mini nuke winter.  After which...yeah, the calendar finally takes over ... only before the great limb- bender bomb on the 25th of April. 

The only thing consistent about the "result climate" over the last 10 years suggests that screwball results should come to fruition... 

Let's get 2.5 X a seasonal snow norm in 23 days ... 

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like 70's? We've seen these warmups get squashed before the last 40 days. Hopefully the case again

No, not that warm but it would probably suggest at least 1-2 days well into the 50s...we're talking like 13-14 days out though, but for an ensemble mean at that time range, it was really warm.

Me too....getting tired of freezing my hiney off. I think the snow mealt in itself will br interesting;specifically, how long we still have something otg and whether we can get past mid-April with a few weenie piles around.

Well who knows what will happen, but of all days.....might as well. Not that I'll repeat my college days lol.

If there were another 2 panels on that Euro for 252 and 264 hours, look away, that would be a severe ice storm for NYC through SNE. 25-30 at the surface and 40 degrees just aloft. Perfect ice storm set up.  Better not be right.  I am sure you see this warm up followed by more complications at 250-270 hours. Wonder what the red taggers would opinionate on this.

Might have to watch to see of that clipper digs deep enough for some lighter snows on Sunday. 

After the milder weather, we may get cold again with perhaps a chance of something at this time..but models are all over the place as to when it gets colder again.  EC ensembles are still rather mild.

Edit: After the milder weather...meaning after next week.

Might have to watch to see of that clipper digs deep enough for some lighter snows on Sunday. 

After the milder weather, we may get cold again with perhaps a chance of something at this time..but models are all over the place as to when it gets colder again.  EC ensembles are still rather mild.

Euro drops some light QPF.

Only way there's flocking issues is with big raiders..which don't look like they are in cards

Well... if we make it to 3/15 with 5" of liquid still locked away regionwide that's trouble. 

And who's to say a rainy cutter in mid-March won't happen? 

Well... if we make it to 3/15 with 5" of liquid still locked away regionwide that's trouble. 

And who's to say a rainy cutter in mid-March won't happen? 

If we make it thru the muted mild up later next week with no cutter..the pattern turns cold and stormy again after the 19th..so that might exacerbate things a bit

If we make it thru the muted mild up later next week with no cutter..the pattern turns cold and stormy again after the 19th..so that might exacerbate things a bit

Well once you're around 3/20 even a cold and stormy pattern is going to mean a lot of melting in SNE. Climo will rule the day. The longer we prolong 5"+ of liquid locked into the pack the higher the threat is for a rapid meltdown. 

Archived