Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Freeze to Thaw, Winter Wx, Feb. 20th-21st, 2015

Windspeed

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appears to be one last mega band coming through lee-hancock counties, if we can hold off for one more hour then we will finish out with a bang in Kingsport/gc

Yeah it just picked up a lot. I just went out and measured 7 inches of new snow what about you? This has been the best biggest bust ever lol.

Yeah it just picked up a lot. I just went out and measured 7 inches of new snow what about you? This has been the best biggest bust ever lol.

I would guess around the same, places that saw no melting are pushing totals into the teens

Almost impossible to tell how much snow we have received. But I would guess that we received 5-7" in Kingsport. My wife is on call this weekend so have been playing taxi this AM. The roads are terrible in Kingsport. Only the GFS in the LR(to some extent the Euro) held to its guns. This event is another reason I don't like most short range models outside of the NAM at the moment for this area. The NAM, along with the GFS, held pretty steady on qpf for this area. Pretty amazing winter storm. Snow on snow. A rare bird in Kingsport. Goes to show what a fresh Arcric air mass can do. Believe me, I hate it for those who haven't been getting snow. Kingsport is known to get generally lesser amounts locally. So, most times I am on the other end of this.

Almost impossible to tell how much snow we have received. But I would guess that we received 5-7" in Kingsport. My wife is on call this weekend so have been playing taxi this AM. The roads are terrible in Kingsport. Only the GFS in the LR(to some extent the Euro) held to its guns. This event is another reason I don't like most short range models outside of the NAM at the moment for this area. The NAM, along with the GFS, held pretty steady on qpf for this area. Pretty amazing winter storm. Snow on snow. A rare bird in Kingsport. Goes to show what a fresh Arcric air mass can do. Believe me, I hate it for those who haven't been getting snow. Kingsport is known to get generally lesser amounts locally. So, most times I am on the other end of this.

I was wondering how you was doing. Yeah the short term models were trash. The NAM and GFS had the right idea a few days ago and then lost it some and were the only ones to bring it back. I think the GFS was the clear winner here.

I have 8 inches now and the back edge is coming.

I was wondering how you were doing. Yeah the short term models were trash. The NAM and GFS had the right idea a few days ago and then lost it some and were the only ones to bring it back. I think the GFS was the clear winner here.

I have 8 inches now and the back edge is coming.

Man, it has been pretty heavy at times. Now, time to be concerned about some serious flooding.

Archived