Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 20-22 Storm Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the Ukie didn't have the 24 hour gaps at later times.  IF the track is on a straight line between 96 and 120 hours, it would be something like this.

Same starting spot on the 0z run...then it took it through AR-KY-WV...and then close to Albany, NY. So, you can probably guess based off the 120 hour map of the 12z run, that it shifted everything north.

post-4070-0-96527400-1424192067.gif

Sorry but I have to laugh at the instant weather map as it reminds me of some of the old TWC maps.  Maybe they expect Lake Superior levels to rise to record levels and make the Keweenaw is just a small island :lmao:  

Back in the late 80s/early 90s there was one set of maps TWC used that didn't even show the most of the UP and I think had it as part of Wisconsin (old long ranger maps??).  Plus there were other maps that totally lacked the Keweenaw too. 

no doubt the HP off the east coast will have a say as well....   I'm just skeptical of that kind of northward progression of warmth without a stronger low.  More likely you'd have greater overrunning.    Granted, that low could trend stronger too.

850mb winds are pretty strong even with a weak low pressure which leads to the warm air aloft moving far north.

I wish the Ukie didn't have the 24 hour gaps at later times.  IF the track is on a straight line between 96 and 120 hours, it would be something like this.

attachicon.gifpost-68-0-91481700-1424191401.png

They do, just not for free. WB has the ukie in 6 hour increments and regional/metro views on the model. However it doesn't come out until around when the Euro ends.

12z Euro is kinda, uh I don't know, meh-ish. Looks like an over-running kind of deal (from SW to NE) that should do a bit better than it actually does. In the end, most of Ohio does best. IND doesn't fare too poorly either and about 2-4" total for here. 2m temps are sketchy for most though.

The snowpack is not that deep. Can see grass in west central ohio. Temps will depend on where the warm front builds this weekend. Whether it is flatter or more amplified. Models will also struggle with the flattening of the pna.

True not deep here, but was referencing south of here where the air is coming from.

12z Ukmet low locations in 6hr increments.

96hr Fort Smith 1006mb

102hr Memphis 1008mb

108hr Nashville 1008mb

114hr Akron 1008mb

120hr Just east of Toronto 1004mb

Decent snow for Central IN, though LAF gets the screws, the northern half of OH, though CMH is very close to the line. South of that there does look to be a zone of ice, especially for S IN/OH and N KY.

Archived