Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 20-22 Storm Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Nashville cant buy snow. They havent had a 1" snowfall in 4 years, and what looked to be a 3-6" snowstorm ended up all ice.

Wow Nashville cant buy snow. They havent had a 1" snowfall in 4 years, and what looked to be a 3-6" snowstorm ended up all ice.

Nashville picking up nearly a season's worth of snow in 1 storm would have been extremely anomalous for them.

So I don't think the last minute changes were all that surprising (given how unusual it is for them to get the alternative).

We need a new nickname for our favorite model.

Our crazy uncle hasn't been so crazy this season...

Off Topic I know but C'mon, It's gotta be Uncle Buck.  I think there could be some appropriately implied metaphor's in this description .....

"As an idle, good-natured bachelor, Uncle Buck is the last person you would think of to watch the kids. However, during a family crisis, he is suddenly left in charge of his nephew and nieces. Unaccustomed to suburban life, fun-loving Uncle Buck soon charms his younger relatives Miles and Maizy with his hefty cooking and his new way of doing the laundry. His carefree style does not impress everyone though - especially his rebellious teenage niece, Tia, and his impatient girlfriend, Chanice. With a little bit of luck and a lot of love, Uncle Buck manages to surprise everyone in this heartwarming family comedy."

Yep, GFS starting to figure things out. Way north on the 12z run, which brings a cold rain for the LAF. Not surprised.

Looking at the details of last night's 0z Ukie...would be a two-parter that hits STL-IND-CMH pretty well. Would be nice if that would hold, as that would take care of one of the remaining "bigger" storm screw holes.

Probably not a good sign that LAF is sweating precip type on the GFS.

I'm more concerned about that than a whiff to the south at this point.

so the gfs has a 1004 low in w. TX that begins to weaken as it heads northeast into E. KY to 1018mb  on a positively tilted trough with a bully HP pressing in...and yet the 850s get driven to northern ohio.   Interesting

Yep, GFS starting to figure things out. Way north on the 12z run, which brings a cold rain for the LAF. Not surprised.

Looking at the details of last night's 0z Ukie...would be a two-parter that hits STL-IND-CMH pretty well. Would be nice if that would hold, as that would take care of one the remaining "bigger" storm screw holes.

Actually the precip type maps give us a bit of everything

post-14-0-68414300-1424190218_thumb.gif

Archived