• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Wednesday evening (2/18/2015) potential for snow squalls

famartin

I'll take a quick coating to freshen up things. I think we can almost lock this in based on past arctic front perfomances this season.

Yeah, wouldn't want to go more than a day without freshening things up, lol. I like the concept.

This coming air mass apparently could be at least as cold as the one we're in now.

6Z RGEM seems to show a nice event Wed. night into Thursday morning. I don't know how to get the total qpf. Any help there?

Like cg41386 said. Here is a graphic of the total precip. through 48 hours from tropicaltidbits, plus a link if you're not familiar with the site:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=rgem&region=neus&pkg=apcpn&runtime=2015021712&fh=48&xpos=0&ypos=379

post-9898-0-08558600-1424192140_thumb.jp

I guess it's because I drive for a living, but one inch snowfalls just don't cut it for me. It's not enough to be worthwhile, but it'll bring out the salt trucks and make a mess of everything.

An inch is more of a "refresher"...not a event. I agree though I'm sick of the salt/brine...my car looks like shiet and I drag stuff into the house. If the weekend event turns to pouring rain I'll be pissed but on the flip side it'll clean the roads/car etc so not all bad.

Archived