Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Windspeed

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday i commented about needing a NW shift...Holy cow didn't want that much of a shift..Feel like i jinxed a lot of Tenn..Eurowx map has me in the 19 inch range..Honestly don't need that much snow with the cold in my area..So here's hoping for a big shift south.. 

Am I taking crazy pills?  The nam text output does not seem to match up with the maps on amwx model center in terms of surface and 850 temps.  The maps show both 850 and surface going above freezing for a significant portion of the event.  Ptype maps show mix and rain that text doesn't reflect.  Weird.

On the skew-t the NAM shows the warm layer around 800 mb rather than 850, it's 0 from 850 to the surface. Which suggests sleet.

Looking at the p-type maps, sleet is the predominant p-type north of 40 for most of the event up into a tier of counties in Ky north of the TN border.

Well that's better.  Excellent sledding if that much sleet falls!

GFS is slightly cooler than the NAM, slightly further south with all types of frozen.

Right now both models are struggling with initial L placement and precip.

The current frame for the NAM has the LP in New Mexico with essentially no precip in Texas and hardly any in Missouri.  The current surface map shows the L SW of where the NAM placed it and precip is already filling in over East Texas and most of Northern Missouri.

Archived