joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Valentine's Day weekend storm discussion part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RGEM likes the SNE screw job too while NYC does better, the inverted trof feature is further southwest on the RGEM but I think it may lift a bit north once inside it's better range

My response was meant for you . I agree . The IVT is into Monmouth County . I think it is prob up over LI like the NAM and EURO  think it is . 

My response was meant for you . I agree . The IVT is into Monmouth County . I think it is prob up over LI like the NAM and EURO think it is .

i think it sets up right over nyc? I noticed nyc always gets the heaviest precipitation, could do with pollution and urban heat effect? Don't have a scientific reason but my opinion is the inverted trough sets up right over the city and dumps at least 4 inches!

I posted this in the last thread (In regards to NAM)...I was just about to comment on this.... parts of the LHV and MHV do better than the majority of the SNE and Boston according to the NAM.  The NAM is really beginning to hone in on the INV trough feature.  Whomever gets in this band can easily pick up 6+ inches.  It seems to be setting up over the Hudson Valley, Western CT and LI.  We shall see.  It will be interesting to see the short range models with this feature such as HRR, RAP and RGEM. 

This event will be more impactful west of nyc then the blizzard was at the end of january

yeah looks like a nice snowstorm with high winds and temps in the teens for us. Not too crazy but at least everyone gets on it and doesn't really get shafted. If you go into Long Island and eastern ct your definitely looking at 6+ but I'll take my 3-6 and run with record low temps!

Allsnow...GFS?

i think it sets up right over nyc? I noticed nyc always gets the heaviest precipitation, could do with pollution and urban heat effect? Don't have a scientific reason but my opinion is the inverted trough sets up right over the city and dumps at least 4 inches!

You would be correct on this.. And into NE NJ. At least from my experience

Archived