Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 6th event

BullCityWx

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! A threat for cold and dry, that's a first! ( I kid, I kid) ! Everyone is bailing on the 12z GFS ,

I didnt think it looked that bad? This should be the Euros wheelhouse , so the 12z could break hearts, or start chest bumps!

Yeah, I would be far more worried if it was showing a good track at 108 hours out.  There are 12 GEFS members on ewall site and 4 of the 12 have some sort of wintery precip in the SE.  AmWx has 20 members so will check when that comes out.  The 6z GEFS might have had 1 more member than the 12z GEFS.

Another major snowstorm for the ne

Yep, theme of this winter.  It's Boston's playground, they can't do wrong.  Were just a squirrel trying to get a nut.  This is like the 3rd winter storm in a 10 day period that has trended in there favor once it got to about 96 hours.  It's like 09/10 was for the MA but now it's Boston's turn.

I do like this NAM look, but yes its the NAM, and we all agree with that.  There needs to not be ANY energy interactions with this rockies energy and the northern stream over the GL...If I am not mistaken, the euro has a bunch until the last second, and then it does over the SE again.  The gfs, and nam do not.  I am assuming the GEM doesn't either. 

2h3c0ld.jpg

I do like this NAM look, but yes its the NAM, and we all agree with that.  There needs to not be ANY energy interactions with this rockies energy and the northern stream over the GL...If I am not mistaken, the euro has a bunch until the last second, and then it does over the SE again.  The gfs, and nam do not.  I am assuming the GEM doesn't either. 

2h3c0ld.jpg

18z NAM not nearly as good a look.  Flatter and more progressive with less WC ridging. 

For those that are accusing many of giving up too easily or are pessimistic:

I think a huge problem is that people put too much credit into a few good runs and not enough credit in the amount of bad runs compared.  Nobody has given up per say.  They are just being realistic with the majority of modeling not supporting a widespread Southeast snow storm.  If in 2 or 3 days we see a big Southeast snow storm on a lot of modeling, then you'll see a different tune. 

Or we can blame it all on Queencity and say it's his fault for starting this thread.  Hah

LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...

AS OF 300 PM EST SUNDAY...

LATEST WEATHER FORECAST MODELS ARE IN SLIGHTLY BETTER AGREEMENT

CONCERNING DEVELOPMENT OF A COASTAL LOW ON THURSDAY...AND HOW IT

WILL AFFECT OUR WEATHER. EXPECT TO START THE DAY WITH A COLD FRONT

MAKING ITS WAY ACROSS THE PIEDMONT...WITH LIGHT UPSLOPE SNOW SHOWER

ACTIVITY ALONG THE WESTERN RIDGES...AND PERHAPS A FEW SNOW SHOWERS

ACROSS THE PIEDMONT IN THE VICINITY OF THE FRONT. PROGRESSING INTO

THE AFTERNOON...THE LOW WILL DRIFT NORTH...THOUGH FARTHER OFF THE

COAST THAN FORECAST MODELS WERE PREVIOUSLY CALLING FOR. WITH THE LOW

TRACKING FURTHER AWAY FROM OUR AREA...DO NOT SEE MOISTURE BEING

PUSHED AS FAR INLAND...AND THEREFORE EXPECT THE HIGHER PRECIPITATION

AMOUNTS TO BE CONFINED MORE TO THE COAST. MODELS AGREE THAT

ATMOSPHERIC TEMPERATURES ARE COLD ENOUGH THAT ANY PRECIPITATION WILL

REMAIN EXCLUSIVELY SNOW AS NORTHERLY WINDS DRAW SUB FREEZING AIR

FROM THE GREAT LAKES REGION.

RIGHT NOW...HAVE ONLY MODERATE CONFIDENCE IN THIS FORECAST. THE

WEATHER FORECAST MODELS HAVE HAD NOT ONLY SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES

WITH ONE ANOTHER CONCERNING THE TRACK AND THE IMPACTS OF THE

LOW...THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN FLIP FLOPPING FROM THEIR PREVIOUS RUNS AS

TO HOW THE LOW WILL BEHAVE. SO WILL STILL NOT HAZARD A GUESS AS TO

HOW MUCH SNOW WE CAN EXPECT...EXCEPT TO SAY THAT THE WORST CASE

SCENARIO PUTS ACCUMULATIONS AROUND THE LOW END OF ADVISORY CRITERIA.

RNK latest

For those that are accusing many of giving up too easily or are pessimistic:

I think a huge problem is that people put too much credit into a few good runs and not enough credit in the amount of bad runs compared.  Nobody has given up per say.  They are just being realistic with the majority of modeling not supporting a widespread Southeast snow storm.  If in 2 or 3 days we see a big Southeast snow storm on a lot of modeling, then you'll see a different tune. 

Or we can blame it all on Queencity and say it's his fault for starting this thread.  Hah

exactly.  people put higher stock in 2 or 3 great model runs than 10-11 bad ones.

Archived