joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, we might be in for a period of Mohawk Hudson valley convergence this evening after the main even gets out of the way. Very obvious signature appearing on HRRR.

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/hrrr/hrrr_ncep_2d_alb.php

i.imgur.com/qNkYv0vl.jpg

i.imgur.com/O84wfPs.jpg

Also, we might be in for a period of Mohawk Hudson valley convergence this evening after the main even gets out of the way. Very obvious signature appearing on HRRR.

i.imgur.com/qNkYv0vl.jpg

i.imgur.com/O84wfPs.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out. That could give another quick shot to the totals later. :)

i.imgur.com/qNkYv0vl.jpg

i.imgur.com/O84wfPs.jpg

Yeah I noticed a few high-res models hinting at this as well, maybe good for an extra 1-3" this eve?

Boy we got everything here, this is a kitchen sink storm.  The lowest layers are mostly snow crystals and grains then there is a layer of pellets and graupel then it's capped with sleet and more pellets.  For the last three hours it's been flipping between these types of precip with a few minutes of heavy rain thrown in just 'cuz making everything like sugar.  Tough shoveling!  

About fifteen minutes ago we got some pretty good gusts of wind and the direction changed to NNW and now it's snowing moderately and accumulating quickly again.  2:15 shoveling time already and easily another 2 hours to go and that's without a plow having come by since about 4am.  The plow pile is gonna SUKKK!!

...and if you've grown tired of looking at the snow out your window and on the day-4 charts, check out the Euro for next Monday!

Wow, that would be widespread 12-18"! pretty similar to this current storms track except the upper-levels cutoff. We could be in for one of those memorable stretches.

I've actually started accumulating a little better again. Probably going to end up just shy of 8", which I believe is perfectly consistent with your early calls.

Nice. It's tapered to flurries here. It looks like your area should keep accumulating for at least a little while longer. I managed to add 2" since 8 am, sitting right around 10" for a storm total. Seems to be pretty consistent with spotter reports. I'll be honest, I didn't expect to even hit 10". I think living in Poughkeepsie for the past 10 years has caused me to buy low when it comes to snowfall forecasts.

That might be my favorite euro run ever. Too bad it's the euro right now... don't say that often.

There was a Euro control run about this time last year that was widely circulated on social media that showed feet of snow for our region. No one believed it, until 2 weeks later when we were clearing out feet of snow. Let's hope history repeats itself!

Looks like Clarksville is the big winner so far at 17.4", though I never know whether to believe Facebook spotter reports.

17" does seem a little high, never know though. Meanwhile it looks like a deformation zone is setting up around ALB as the H7 low slides eastward.

Nice dendrites falling now.

Looks like I will end up a little over 10".  Not bad at all.  With the previous two snowfalls, I have a good 16-18 inches of level snow on the ground, so it looks pretty epic out there.  Just imagine if the Euro came to fruition and we received another 20+ inches of snow in the next 10 days..  That would rival Feb 2010 for snowpack...

Archived