12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a dusting here this morning with temps steadily dropping. How did our friends in Dutchess County make out, I think I just saw that some schools are closed over there?

2 inches here in East Fishkill with about 45 minutes to go....should be near 3 by the time it's done.

Lots of blowing and drifting of this new powder so measuring is rather difficult. My measuring board says 3.1" would be conservative, but it's about 30 yards downwind of a rooftop (first time I think I've ever had an issue with NW winds contaminating my board). The most I could find on my driveway/patio was about 2.7" but I know that those surfaces were wet and unfrozen when I went to bed last night. I guess I'll call it 2.9" until proven otherwise.

Either way, nice little event imby. Sorry to hear that folks west of the river didn't make out as well.

Lots of blowing and drifting of this new powder so measuring is rather difficult. My measuring board says 3.1" would be conservative, but it's about 30 yards downwind of a rooftop (first time I think I've ever had an issue with NW winds contaminating my board). The most I could find on my driveway/patio was about 2.7" but I know that those surfaces were wet and unfrozen when I went to bed last night. I guess I'll call it 2.9" until proven otherwise.

Either way, nice little event imby. Sorry to hear that folks west of the river didn't make out as well.

I was hoping for some fresh powder to blow and drift this afternoon, oh well, I had good blowing and drifting last weekend.

Any guesses for tonight's lows? The GFS has ridiculous -25F numbers for the early morning, but even the Euro takes KPOU to -11F. Currently 12.7 and falling here.

Currently 7° here in Hurleyville with a forecast low of -3°. Considering the snow cover I thought it would get colder. 

Just returned from green and springlike Florida. Felt like I got slapped in the face a hundred times coming out of the White Plains airport today with the harsh winds and sudden cold. But, man it is delicious to see the snowpack that has deepened so much since I left last weekend! Love deep, thick snow.....like a frickin glacier out there! Just like last Feb almost! Don't mean to sound greedy, but bring on more! We look good at this point for Sun-Mon.

Just returned from green and springlike Florida. Felt like I got slapped in the face a hundred times coming out of the White Plains airport today with the harsh winds and sudden cold. But, man it is delicious to see the snowpack that has deepened so much since I left last weekend! Love deep, thick snow.....like a frickin glacier out there! Just like last Feb almost! Don't mean to sound greedy, but bring on more! We look good at this point for Sun-Mon.

Welcome back to the playland !

Back from a vicious stomach bug that bit me yesterday. Would not wish that on anyone!

Had a low of -7 this morning, which is one degree colder than my previous low for the season. By the time I was able to measure the snow yesterday afternoon, we had 1.5" new. Kids were off from school and at this rate will be giving days back shortly.

Looks like we are still in line for some snow the next few days, but to be honest I haven't really been following. Looked quickly at the last couple runs of the GFS which looked to be trending nicely for us. What's everyone thinking about amounts?

Any idea where we stack up with below zero days compared to this time last year?

I can run the IMBY numbers at some point today, that's a good question. I think if we compared here to there this year then we'd see you guys are likely in the lead with below zeros and snowfall. Check your inbox too Chietanen

Back from a vicious stomach bug that bit me yesterday. Would not wish that on anyone!

Had a low of -7 this morning, which is one degree colder than my previous low for the season. By the time I was able to measure the snow yesterday afternoon, we had 1.5" new. Kids were off from school and at this rate will be giving days back shortly.

Looks like we are still in line for some snow the next few days, but to be honest I haven't really been following. Looked quickly at the last couple runs of the GFS which looked to be trending nicely for us. What's everyone thinking about amounts?

That sucks about being sick, I've been outta work all week with a back issue that is luckily getting better. Anyway, I don't think anyone is talking amounts yet as it's still not clear where the boundary will set up and if/where the coastal may go.

Archived