joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Where in Dutchess are you? I had 7" about an hour ago. 

Definitely some nice moderate to occasionally heavy bursts of snow at times here over the past 20 minutes.

Near FIshkill,  Maybe I need to double check my measurements.. You have me second guessing now lol

In all honesty, I haven't measured properly, and I was going by a poster who lives in Poughkeepsie on another board who is reporting 12".

Near FIshkill,  Maybe I need to double check my measurements.. You have me second guessing now lol

In all honesty, I haven't measured properly, and I was going by a poster who lives in Poughkeepsie on another board who is reporting 12".

That deck pic is pretty convincing but I have no idea how anyone in central Dutchess managed that much snow already...

Struggling to get back to snow here - In and out of sleet and flakes.. Hopefully this is a brief interlude and the ratios can get better...

The mix line is progressing nicely to the east through PA and into NJ if you watch this loop. We should flip back to all snow in short order I would think.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-N0C-1-12

I pelted briefly but I'm back over to the heaviest snow of the day so far. Big flakes with visibility around 1/2 mile.

Same here. Huge flakes.

Sounds like a mess in the city with heavy freezing rain and sleet. I wonder if they might actually end up with a decent burst of snow later this afternoon before it ends.

They have their hands full there for sure, they put the FAST team to work a little bit ago. There was early reports of people trapped on the roof, I didnt see anything more on that, did you?

Pretty sure they got them off. Im used to that at work on flat roof tenements, but a ranch? Just jump and aim for the biggest snowpile lol.

Pretty sure they got them off. Im used to that at work on flat roof tenements, but a ranch? Just jump and aim for the biggest snowpile lol.

Yep, they got them, and yeah, I used to jump off my parents ranch roof into the snow all the time, LOL. It does sound like they had a water supply issue that's since been resolved.

Archived