12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't even know you actually measured! I thought you were more of a "I got like 4,5, maybe 6" out there I see from my window"

I spend the summer looking outside my back door estimating depths of those foam peanuts that I pile up on my deck. I am up to an 87% accuracy rate. It keeps me in cold weather mode even during the hot summer days.

(White Gorilla approves of this post ;))

Lol... I wish i could, but I cant... I enjoy this Board too much, I'll keep calling people out on there BS like inflating totals mid run for weenie followers and shock effect, until people realize I know how to read basic model output as well as anyone with the exception of a pro met obviously

First off why in the heck are people attacking you over the nam right now, it sucks even 6 hours out and the RGEM at the end of its run? Laughable

Idk dude, it's always the same story, one guy says 4-8"(clearly wrong) and I say 3-5"(clearly correct) and I'm the trolling negative nancy... Like I said that's twice today I had to prove I was right and still they're gonna flock to those that cover their eyes like good little sheep

Idk dude, it's always the same story, one guy says 4-8"(clearly wrong) and I say 3-5"(clearly correct) and I'm the trolling negative nancy... Like I said that's twice today I had to prove I was right and still they're gonna flock to those that cover their eyes like good little sheep

I can't believe the rgem at the tail end of its run is being taken seriously right now, and the nam is just an awful model imo, should be retired

I've been Seahawks'd. :( Dropped 3 degrees between 9:40 and 10, then just stopped cooling right when it mattered. 1.6F will do it.

3 degrees was my low yesterday, -2 right now. Now if I follow the idea of only using the model that gives me the most snow, I did have a thermometer show me at 0 at midnight but it's not a properly sited thermometer and I'm guessing isnt scientifically tested like my Davis is so we toss.

Managed to drop to -5 this morning. A few degrees colder than the surrounding weather stations and I'm typically within a degree (or two) of them. I did see some others in the area in the -4 to -8 range.

Hi-res Canadian snow map for the weekend looks good for 4-6", probably more to come after hour 48.

post-8457-0-21402700-1424434618_thumb.pn

FKNA it's cold out there.  It was actually -6 when I left my house a little before 6am this morning.  I found out over the last week or so that the clutch in my new car doesn't like to be used when it's below ~10*.  Today I couldn't even get it into second or third gear, had to wind up first to about 5k and drop it right into fourth.  What a terrible thing to have to do to a cold motor and tranny  :axe:  Be careful when you go out this morning, the wind last night moved a lot of snow around and there are drifts across the roads in a lot of places that weren't there before and may catch you unaware.

So it looks like we're gonna get some snow tomorrow.  I was hoping it would hold off at least until about 8pm so my commute home from work would be easy but it looks like it wants to start mid to late afternoon.  

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sees something like 6.5" with this. Ratios should be pretty close to average I think, maybe a bit below, but with PWATs well above climo into the .5" and .6" range, anybody who stays all frozen could do fairly well. I'm not really seeing any sort of freezing rain threat up here.

12.6F, up from -4.4

Since I finished 6 days in a row with below zero temps yesterday I wanted to know how that streak compares to other years.  I've been looking at the COOP reports from Walden, which is the closest one to me.  In 1994 there was a streak of 5 days in a row with below zero, which ran from 1/31/94-2/4/94, so I've topped 94 as far as a streak of below zeros, next when I get the time over the weekend I'll compare the total number of below zero days.

Archived