joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we've got a red-tagger and a mod in our thread now. We're movin' up!

How awesome is that?! And don't forget, we have the most snow too, lol.

Too bad that 7–8" will qualify as a HV jackpot  :lol:, we'll certainly welcome it after what the model consensus was two days ago. I'm a little worried about getting stuck in a downslope screw zone with the southwesterly flow aloft, gonna be a nowcast kind of thing.

I saw that on the RGEM snow map and hoped it wouldn't affect any of us, forgot about you up there. My comment, though weenie-ish, was mostly tongue in cheek given some happenings earlier today on the forum. Anyhow, congrats on the red tag! I guess I'm out of touch, but is this a new thing or you just finally got the tag? Now I know why your posts are always so insightful!

But seriously good call, just went out very nice

Thanks! I saw it and thought it was an incredible sight worthy of sharing!

How awesome is that?! And don't forget, we have the most snow too, lol.

I saw that on the RGEM snow map and hoped it wouldn't affect any of us, forgot about you up there. My comment, though weenie-ish, was mostly tongue in cheek given some happenings earlier today on the forum. Anyhow, congrats on the red tag! I guess I'm out of touch, but is this a new thing or you just finally got the tag? Now I know why your posts are always so insightful!

Thanks! I saw it and thought it was an incredible sight worthy of sharing!

Oh hah makes sense, I didn't read very far back in the thread. Thanks though, I guess I could have gotten a tag a few years ago but never bothered to put in a request. 

Too bad that 7–8" will qualify as a HV jackpot :lol:, we'll certainly welcome it after what the model consensus was two days ago. I'm a little worried about getting stuck in a downslope screw zone with the southwesterly flow aloft, gonna be a nowcast kind of thing.

Congrats on the red tag brother.. Look forward to your thoughts on future events

It's all gonna fall in NYC... Storm cancelled up here

Road trip!

Just took a quick look at the indices, btw, and the possibility of losing the -EPO seems to be decreasing by the day. It also looks like there might be some signs of a -NAO developing after the first week of March. I'm not so sure that significant pattern change that some were advertising is ever going to materialize. I'd be happy with a cold first 2 weeks of March and a few more threats, then it can warm up a little.

Everyone ready for a nice pack refresher tomorrow?

I'm actually thinking it could be more of a pack 'builder' than a pack 'refresher'. I like Albany's 6-8" for Ulster, Dutchess, and Litchfield. 5.8" would be my third biggest event of the season, so as far as I'm concerned this has the potential to be a major event!

4-6 inches is a big snow for the NY metro area.

NYC is at the yearly snow avg and people still complain.

Some of the posters expect 50 inches of snow a year in the immediate NYC/Long Island area

Yea, now they're In there argueing offshore water temps and thermal dynamics lmao. We only need tonylovessnow to create his 5th alter ego of the week to top off the weenie cake

I've decided 110% I'll post maps for people's viewing pleasure from now on, other than that I'll keep my thoughts in here were its safe... I can thankfully say not 1 person in this thread is a weenie by any stretch

I might be a little bit of one. But I'm generally a realistic one at least.  :snowing:

I'm actually thinking it could be more of a pack 'builder' than a pack 'refresher'. I like Albany's 6-8" for Ulster, Dutchess, and Litchfield. 5.8" would be my third biggest event of the season, so as far as I'm concerned this has the potential to be a major event!

You're right about this thing being loaded with moisture. Take a look at the sim radar for tomorrow morning on the HRRR, it looks impressive. I am starting to dread my drive to West Point tomorrow evening. I don't like 9W on a dry, sunny day, let alone a day like tomorrow.

Hope you are right. We need good dynamics up here. The best dynamics seem SW of us based on modeling.

I might be a little bit of one. But I'm generally a realistic one at least. :snowing:

You're right about this thing being loaded with moisture. Take a look at the sim radar for tomorrow morning on the HRRR, it looks impressive. I am starting to dread my drive to West Point tomorrow evening. I don't like 9W on a dry, sunny day, let alone a day like tomorrow.

I love that road on a dry day, with snow falling...not so much.

I might be a little bit of one. But I'm generally a realistic one at least. :snowing:

I work at West Point, will be there till Sunday morning. You work here too or just visiting?

Not for nothing but MGJ is going to give SLK a run for the money tonight for overnight lows. DP at -11 with a calm wind and already at 1 degree at 8pm is impressive for this late in the season. Ultimately, sky cover will determine how low they drop, but my money is on Montgomery. How about Penn Yan out there north of Elmira already at -11 this early in the evening!

Archived