joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My WWA went from 4-6" to 3-7". If that doesn't tell you their unsure idk what does... My opinion is this will be a busy In either direction... Eitherwe end up on the high end or get the shaft

Going with the persistence theme, just about every system has busted on the low side this year to date, so that may be the way to go. Plus the shadowing effect looks to be real for at least part of the region. We'll have to see what the H3R does as the day goes on, but as of now, it definitely keeps the better stuff to our south. Still out of it's range though for later this afternoon into tonight. I think 3-6" is the right call for most of us. I doubt we see any widespread totals above that.

My WWA went from 4-6" to 3-7". If that doesn't tell you their unsure idk what does... My opinion is this will be a busy In either direction... Eitherwe end up on the high end or get the shaft

The thing that makes me uneasy is the fact that both the gfs and euro are both showing way lower amounts than the other models and gfs has been extremely consistent on that for a few runs, the euro showing it last night

OK. I finally took a look at my records.  This mornings low of -14 was a record for KMGJ for the date (as far as I could tell the old record was 1979) and is the coldest I've recorded while living here.  The previous coldest was -13 on 2/12/14, the one before that was -12 on 12/15/05 which I tied earlier this week on 2/18/15.  This season I've recorded 10 days with below zero lows so far while last year was a total of 11 days with below zero lows. 

Ulster County Snow, looks like your concerns were warranted. The nam just came in drier for our area and northern nj and it's showing a warm tongue at 925mb so ratios are going to suck

Saw sun this morning and now with an overcast that is bright and thin. Think there is too much dry air. Expecting 3 inches max for POU.

Kinda like my call early of 6-8" in NJ and that weenie (not to be named) mocked me... Apparently in his fantasy world the 6-8 is RIGHT OVER NYC

I am sorta interested to watch the mix line later today and precip type.

Going out to bday party at pub later this afternoon. ride back to highland lakes may be knarly getting up the hills in the area.

Road crews better be out aroud 830 - 9 pm.

Link to a freely available H3R

http://weather.graphics/hrrr/hrrr_gif.php

Don't be surprised by a few hours of little to no snow once this first batch moves through. It's well modeled at this point (and obvious by looking at downstream radars).

I agree with sny, I think 3-4" is probably the ceiling for most of us. 

Archived