• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

Yeah, it seems persistence forecasting is the way to go this winter. As the low-level winds veer to southwesterly mid-event there's gonna be some downsloping to the lee of the Catskills (as some of us know all too well), but I've never seen it verify anything like the NAM is proposing.

Are you throwing out the gfs on this storm like so many are? I am inclined to think that so many people are throwing it out due to it having a solution that most do not want

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience, wxbell is rather slow to roll out model frames. Levi's NCEP maps are usually 10 minutes ahead of wxbell's, and I'm usually barely getting to init by the time people are posting "Mother of God" on a 78-hour Euro solution... lol. The flashy, high-res graphics are sort of my guilty pleasure, but I wouldn't pay for more than a couple months' service every year.

In my experience, wxbell is rather slow to roll out model frames. Levi's NCEP maps are usually 10 minutes ahead of wxbell's, and I'm usually barely getting to init by the time people are posting "Mother of God" on a 78-hour Euro solution... lol. The flashy, high-res graphics are sort of my guilty pleasure, but I wouldn't pay for more than a couple months' service every year.

Yea wxbell maps look pretty lol.. Some of the "hi-res" nam maps people post are barely readable

Yea....I think it would be a December thru march expense only

Are you throwing out the gfs on this storm like so many are? I am inclined to think that so many people are throwing it out due to it having a solution that most do not want

I haven't really been following closely but I wouldn't toss the gfs, looks like 00z is actually colder than the nam for most.

Archived