joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1-2 Winter Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still SE for me, but I posted an image over in our CPA thread showing the pressure falls off the NJ coast. Looks like the primary is dying and the secondary is forming.

OT but back in late August, we drove up 81 on the way to Niagara Falls, ON and I saw where Tamaqua is and I thought of you believe it or not.   Very pretty up there!  Didn't realize there were wind mills all around the mountains upstate.

OT but back in late August, we drove up 81 on the way to Niagara Falls, ON and I saw where Tamaqua is and I thought of you believe it or not.   Very pretty up there!  Didn't realize there were wind mills all around the mountains upstate.

Thanks. Yes it is pretty up this way (at least once you get out of town...lol). The windmills popped up over the past 5 years or so. It gets pretty windy on the ridgetops up here so someone finally figured they should take advantage of it.

As for weather, so as not to derail the thread, still 32 here with freezing rain. The power lines are starting to get coated now. Even with the new low formng offshore, my winds are still SSE. What I'm kind of hoping for is that first dry slot to hit the area and shut off the precip for awile.

What I'm kind of hoping for is that first dry slot to hit the area and shut off the precip for awile.

Dry slot is coming.  It's moving in from the W and SW.  It's just getting to Berks and is over Delaware.

OBS

Rain

Temp 34.1F

Winds calm

Still have some side streets here that are slush-covered.

34F and raining here, the walkway (in a normally shady spot) which was shoveled last night is very icy.

Still have a thin layer of snow in the sunny areas (which had been grass), and padded the "snowpack" in the shaded areas. In other words, looks like we'll come out of this with more snow than we went into it with here, which is definitely a "win", and better than I expected yesterday.

34.0f and rain. There's a coating of slop on the pavement. My forecast high today is 39, so I'm hoping that melts it off. If not, I'll have to scrape that stuff up before the cold arrives tonight.

Oh to be in Boston, celebrating a championship in a snow storm. Will our ship ever come in??? :axe:

Archived