Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 1-2 Winter Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems unfair that folks in NW NJ and NE PA have more snow than we do in Central NJ - they're going to get a lot more snow anyway and they start off with more?  Just whining, lol.  

Anyway, snow picking up in intensity after the lull with temp around 32F.  Got 3/8" by about 10 pm and then nada until about midnight.  Would love to at least get 2-3" with the front end - that would put us at about 1.3" liquid equivalent total on the ground (we got 5" on 1/24, then 7" on 1/26 and 1" on 1/30, which is about 1.3" LE and I'm assuming we've only lost ~25% of that, leaving 1" LE - haven't actually measured though) and should be enough to hold the 3/4" or so of rain we're supposed to get, without losing too much snow cover to melting - going to be some serious cement after the freeze in the afternoon.  

lol, just seems like a lot of reports of heavy snow when I have a feeling it might be more in the line of moderate.  but i could be wrong.  plus ray might point out that it is actually slightly more than 1/4 of a mile.

I gave up with it.  No one listens.  This year, anything more than flurries is heavy to you guys ;)

I gave up with it.  No one listens.  This year, anything more than flurries is heavy to you guys ;)

I don't have a reference point that I know to be 1/4 mile away....my measure of heavy snow is when it accumulates 1 1/2" - 2" an hour (or more). That's probably not correct but I like to reserve the "heavy" label for either those kind of rates or when I can't see the trees behind one neighbor's house which is about 600 feet from here.

Archived