joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1-2 Winter Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a annoying/time consuming (tracking) storm in my area. Big hopes from the start/models then nothing. Currently 34.9 (up 1.2F since the last I checked..2-3 hours ago which really doesn't matter since there's no precip around) Maybe a 5mph wind...slop on the ground which will be a brick tonight unless I shovel it off. See ya Linus...

Got in about an hour ago after shoving the slush to the side and salting everything down (others were out there doing the same).  Within the past 5 minutes, the NW winds started ripping. Temp dropped from about 35F down to 31.8F and still falling. Hope the wind can can dry the walk before the freeze up.

The storm came in with a raging thump last night and measured 2.3" before the change. Rained near an inch but temps never rose above 37 and the high at 7am was very short lived as rain transitioned to sleet around 10 11 am then raging snow to end it with an additional 2" of fluff totaling 4.3" falling for the day. Despite the rains, the snow pack increased from about 4" to 6". Not bad at all considering this was looking like a complete washout.

Archived