joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He must have come after my days of growing up in Northeastern Georgia.  I don't think Fox started having news until I was just about out of high-school.  John has been with WYFF as long as I can remember, at least the early 90s or late 80s.

Im only 25, I remember John from when i was just a child, the same goes for Jack Roper. He was WSPA 7

I feel sorry for all those folks in boston, trying celebrate with 2 feet of snow on ground And radar lighten them up again as I type. What's the old saying the rich get richer.

Course if they lived in Charlotte, their team would be out of it and they'd be getting a good night's rest. Then tommorow they would be able to walk across the brown ground unimpeded on their way to work.

I feel sorry for all those folks in boston, trying celebrate with 2 feet of snow on ground And radar lighten them up again as I type. What's the old saying the rich get richer.

Course if they lived in Charlotte, their team would be out of it and they'd be getting a good night's rest. Then tommorow they would be able to walk across the brown ground unimpeded on their way to work.

Rich get richer? You don't want 2 feet of snow. We should

Consider ourselves fortunate.

Snow is hard to drive in

I can see how people up north would get sick of the snow. It's such a novelty in the south that when it snows most people don't have to drive in it. I think if I lived up north I would view snow differently. I'm sure it's not nearly as fun when you have to drive in it on a constant basis and shovel it. Maybe I should just get an apartment in Manhattan where I don't have to shovel snow and I could just walk to work.

Alright, the numbers are in.  GSO ended -0.6 degrees below normal for the month of January with not a single sticking flake of snow to show for it.  What a joke.  Absolutely pathetic.  It's a tough task to manage a below normal month in prime climo without being able to see a single flake of snow or sleet pellet stick to the ground, but we've managed the improbable.

EDIT: Not just without a sticking flake, but I didn't see any flakes of snow fall at all!  A tad bit of freezing drizzle that was pathetic and didn't even wet anything and a 45-degree sleetstorm is all we have to show for this month.

RDU was -1.2 below normal...

Archived