joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post super bowl storm Model discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's so unlikely...that we have WS Warning for total accumulation of 4-8" by Upton.

Sent from my iPhone

They'll probably be taken down soon, unless Upton wants to play up the potential for freezing rain, which in the city is doubtful. The NAM gets the city and LI above freezing pretty quickly. The south shore gets close to 40.

They'll probably be taken down soon, unless Upton wants to play up the potential for freezing rain, which in the city is doubtful. The NAM gets the city and LI above freezing pretty quickly. The south shore gets close to 40.

Short range modeling has the precip getting in here early and being heavy. It's going to Snow here and for a decent period of time before any warmth gets introduced. Everyone keeps focusing on the mix and changeover but that's after a lot of the heavier stuff has already moved through (which will be frozen for most)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would likely wait to do this. I could see it happening during the storm, but not before, even if just for consistency purposes.

Short range modeling has the precip getting in here early and being heavy. It's going to Snow here and for a decent period of time before any warmth gets introduced. Everyone keeps focusing on the mix and changeover but that's after a lot of the heavier stuff has already moved through (which will be frozen for most)

Sent from my iPhone

The NAM gets the 0c line at 850 to NYC after only maybe 0.15-0.20" precip falls. The surface temp is also at or above freezing for NYC. There's a ESE wind driving warm air straight off the Atlantic-so precip may not even go over to sleet in NYC, it might go straight to rain, and there could be up to an inch of rain. This isn't good news for NYC at all. You really have to hope that the warming can be delayed by a heavy onset of snow. 

The NAM gets the 0c line at 850 to NYC after only maybe 0.15-0.20" precip falls. The surface temp is also at or above freezing for NYC. There's a ESE wind driving warm air straight off the Atlantic-so precip may not even go over to sleet in NYC, it might go straight to rain, and there could be up to an inch of rain. This isn't good news for NYC at all. You really have to hope that the warming can be delayed by a heavy onset of snow.

Where is the immediate warming coming from?? Sorry but it's not going to warm up here until the SLP is closer to our west and we can get closer to the warm front it tries to drag up and over us before the low moves east. There will be a very large expansive precip shield that will arrive WELL before the low is close to us and with the CAD and the 50/50 in place, we are not going to just shoot above freezing. The NAM is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea and we all know how that worked out for the last time in regards to the NAM... Use past experience NAM is always too warm... This is going to be a bad ice storm for interior!!

I wasn't talking about the interior-I was talking about areas near the coast. If there's an ESE wind there, it's the kiss of death.

Only way we save this event is a good front end dump...the 12z models so far don't look that greT for that anymore....this is quickly turning into a all rain event. Congrats forky.

I doubt anyone North of westchester and rockland see a bad ice storm, they will most likely change over for a while but certainly not the duration

Edit: this was in reference to allgame not all snow sorry

Archived