• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

Okay for the ZR part, cold air at 2m is starting to pull away by hour 162.  Here we go..

KCAE area 1in - 1.25in ZR.

ATL area 1in ZR

CLT - 1in ZR or so

Even KMYR, KCHS, basically the whole state of SC besides Beaufort sees some ZR.  

Lets not wish this around here.

What's it look like in Northern NC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Canadian has front end 1-2in of snow followed by destructive ice storm to frz drizzle/drizzle mix then back to 3-5 inches of snow on the backend for parts of the Carolinas and southeast. And with that I'm off to bed.

And right behind it, here comes another Winter storm.

Okay for the ZR part, cold air at 2m is starting to pull away by hour 162.  Here we go..

KCAE area 1in - 1.25in ZR.

ATL area 1in ZR

CLT - 1in ZR or so

Even KMYR, KCHS, basically the whole state of SC besides Beaufort sees some ZR.  

Lets not wish this around here.

That would be nothing short of catastrophic.  I know we had the hit last year, at least a few select areas toward Augusta, but it seems like the CAD areas are long overdue for something like this.

For the first wave, the precip algorithm on the model center shows 2-3" of snow from N/W of GSO.  GSO and the immediate area gets 0.25-0.5" of IP.  Also, there's a couple tenths of ZR to top it off.  Oh, and we're not even to the second wave big dog yet...  :lmao:

Frosty, your area probably gets 2-3" of SN/IP with the first wave.

For the first wave, the precip algorithm on the model center shows 2-3" of snow from N/W of GSO.  GSO and the immediate area gets 0.25-0.5" of IP.  Also, there's a couple tenths of ZR to top it off.  Oh, and we're not even to the second wave big dog yet...  :lmao:

Frosty, your area probably gets 2-3" of SN/IP with the first wave.

Appreciate it!!

That's fine, it's been wrong all winter, giving us false hope for snow , when the op was crap, so good to see it looking bad! Just look at GGEM , it'll make most smile ear to ear!

Speak for yourself!  You can have those 1.25 inch ZR amounts up your way.  Please take them from my yard.  It would be my luck that my Bday would be ruined with that kind of ZR storm.

Leave it to ATL & CAE to get nailed at the same time with something worse than last year.

What interests me is the look of the 144hr UKMET. That makes me want to give this storm a little more of a chance than originally with the ensembles wanting to cut this thing. It still makes sense to cut, but kinda odd what the 12z Euro had, the 00z GGEM, and now the 00z UKMET (possible setup).

Speak for yourself!  You can have those 1.25 inch ZR amounts up your way.  Please take them from my yard.  It would be my luck that my Bday would be ruined with that kind of ZR storm.

Leave it to ATL & CAE to get nailed at the same time with something worse than last year

I-85 Corridor from GSP to Charlotte alweays gets nailed, I enjoy being in the Prime middle of the CAD areas, But at least your closer to Myrtle. Less of a drive and a better chance to experience Tropical Weather

What interests me is the look of the 144hr UKMET. That makes me want to give this storm a little more of a chance than originally with the ensembles wanting to cut this thing. It still makes sense to cut, but kinda odd what the 12z Euro had, the 00z GGEM, and now the 00z UKMET (possible setup).

At hr144, the UKMet looks the best of the 3 00z runs so far - UKMet / Canadian / GFS

Archived