joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bust of the Century January 26-27 2015 model suites and discussions

Morris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually did come significantly east from the 12z run, FWIW.  It's still easily a massive, historic storm for the NYC metro, though.  It does make a difference in NW NJ, though, where totals were significantly slashed.  Totals are also cut down a lot for Albany.  It makes little difference for NYC, though; both runs were clobberings.

It was always a stretch that Philly and E PA would get in on the massive totals in a storm like this. 

It was always a stretch that Philly and E PA would get in on the massive totals in a storm like this. 

Agreed.  I don't think any other modeling was really showing that.  Interesting conundrum for meteorologists now with the Euro vs. the world.  Either way, it looks like you all should make out with 10"+, so it should be a great storm... and if the Euro's right, 20"+... a historic one.

Agreed.  I don't think any other modeling was really showing that.  Interesting conundrum for meteorologists now with the Euro vs. the world.  Either way, it looks like you all should make out with 10"+, so it should be a great storm... and if the Euro's right, 20"+... a historic one.

I'm going to make out with 75 and sunny on Tuesday here in Texas. :)

And maybe, twins. One can hope anyway.

Precip amounts are infinitely more realistic this run, and the intense banding stops once you get to NE NJ. 

I'll take this in a damned heartbeat over the consensus. 

So the poster who said that the Euro would compromise a little bit by cutting back a little bit on precip was correct.  

"Widespread" 24" now replaces widespread 30".

Archived